How to change mouse/touchpad options Aspire E5 (521-610p)? Can't find beyond basic pointer options.

Options
Barney
Barney Member Posts: 2 New User

Just setting up a new Aspire E5 for my girlfriend and can't see how to change touchpad options (eg sensitivity, scrolling settings etc). On my own acer V3 571G from the basic mouse options I can go into "elan" to change various options but don't seem to have  (or can't find) this option on the new E5... any advice. I'm sure it's something obvious I'm missing.

Best Answer

• zer0_
    zer0_ Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options

If there are I've still to find out, I've been searching for further options for about a month myself, now. Synptic's precision touchpad, unlike elan touchpad, seems more like the macbooks touchpad with native gestures and OS integration.

Answers

• zer0_

Tinkerer

Options

If it's equiped with synaptic's precision touchpad you have to change the options from the metro settings under windows 8.1

• Barney
    Barney Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanks for your help Smiley Happy

I'd tried searching for "Synaptics" and "touchpad" but from Start is Back (windows 7 start button) search... didn't realise there were settings in windows 8.1 that couldn't be accessed that way.

Managed to change the scrolling setting I wanted to change with that now...

Does also look like a fairly basic menu -  is there anything with further options than this?  Happily though the touchpad seems much better than on my own V3 571 so hopefully won't need to do more with it.

• zer0_

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options

If there are I've still to find out, I've been searching for further options for about a month myself, now. Synptic's precision touchpad, unlike elan touchpad, seems more like the macbooks touchpad with native gestures and OS integration.