How to access the BIOS or Boot menu in laptop if your windows got crashed? - Acer V5-571G

Michaellabib
Michaellabib Member Posts: 3 New User
edited June 2021 in Aspire Laptops

Hi so I got an Acer V5-571G laptop, and I am using Windows 8.0. After some month my laptop downloaded an official update for Windows 8.0, and when it got installed my laptop went into a lot of errors so my friend told me that he can format my laptop, but the problem my friend can't enter the boot menu or even the BIOS menu. We tried F8, F12, SHIFT+F10, boot button+F2, and it didn't get him into the BIOS or the boot menue. So, how can I enter the boot menu or BIOS if it's impossible becuase of my crashed Windows 8.0?

However; I followed some steps in the videos that the community posted it, but does this steps work with windows 8.0 or only work with Window 8.1 or both?

//Edited the content to add model name.

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,046 Trailblazer

Hello,

You can restore your laptop from the hidden partition with [Alt]+[F10]:

Watch this video (same procedure for Windows 8).

You have to press [F2] when you see the Acer logo to access to the bios setup utility. After several attempts, I found the exact moment when I have to press [F2] on my laptop. I know it's not easy.

France
  • abyel97
    abyel97 Member Posts: 1 New User
    For BIOS press F2
    For Boot Menu hold ESC and press F12
  • Erabu
    Erabu Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi so I got an Acer V5-571G laptop, and I am using Windows 8.0. After some month my laptop downloaded an official update for Windows 8.0, and when it got installed my laptop went into a lot of errors so my friend told me that he can format my laptop, but the problem my friend can't enter the boot menu or even the BIOS menu. We tried F8, F12, SHIFT+F10, boot button+F2, and it didn't get him into the BIOS or the boot menue. So, how can I enter the boot menu or BIOS if it's impossible becuase of my crashed Windows 8.0?

However; I followed some steps in the videos that the community posted it, but does this steps work with windows 8.0 or only work with Window 8.1 or both?
  • Herrera
    Herrera Member Posts: 1 New User
    Al encender tu equipo presiona F2- ve a Main- en F12 Boot Menu habilitalo - F10- yes..... despues presiona F12 y listo 
  • HooperPC
    HooperPC Member Posts: 4 New User
    abyel97 said:
    For BIOS press F2
    For Boot Menu hold ESC and press F12
    This did not open BIOS for me.  To access BIOS, hold ESC and press F2 the instant the "Acer" screen appears
  • TIVAAGAR
    TIVAAGAR Member Posts: 2 New User
    ACER aspire v5 431 how access bios...
  • TIVAAGAR
    TIVAAGAR Member Posts: 2 New User
    i try many times but cannot access bios..