How can I clear the bios password on my acer aspire v5 571p?

Options
alanwtf
alanwtf Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi, I forgot the password of the bios on my laptop, I already tried shorting the G2201 gap thing and generating a code with bios-pw. Do you have a suggestion on what can I try next? Also, I can't access bios with f2 or f12 key, I have to log in Windows and restart to UEFI settings, is there a way to enter directly while booting up? Thanks.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

You're running win 8 or 10 so, you either have to log in Windows and restart to UEFI settings or boot from a windows disk, click Repair my Computer,  and restart to UEFI settings.

While doing the "G2201 gap thing", did you include this part "While resting the tool on the two contacts, plug one end of the AC adapter into the DC-in jack and plug one end to an electrical outlet. 6. Press the Start button to turn on the computer."? 

• alanwtf
    alanwtf Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hello, thanks for your answer. Yes, I followed those exact same steps, I did it around 10 times with different tools to ensure that i was making contact in both contacts. I also tried doing it without any ram sticks, because I saw it in a video, still with no results. Anyways, maybe I'm doing it wrong somehow, I'll try it again just to be sure, but I don't know what else could I try, if you have any other suggestion, it would be much appreciated.

Edit: I forgot to add that currently I'm running the laptop with an external monitor with the HDMI output because my flex cable broke, could this influence with this solution since the manual says that all peripherals should be disconnected? I only tried once without the HDMI connected, I'm going to try it a few more times this way.

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

When you tried shorting the gap, had you removed the battery?

Hiren's boot CD has a bunch of utilities for this.

and lastly

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Acer-Aspire-V5-571P-Intel-I5-3317U-Motherboard-48-4TU05-04M-NB-M4911-001-/171993640541?hash=item280b9eae5d:gSmiley Very HappyYgAAOSwd4tTzXhe