Hi:I just upgraded my Acer notebook PC to Windows10, but now my touchscreen doesn't work.

Options
mcewr
mcewr Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi:

I just upgraded my Acer notebook PC [V5-122P-0681] to Windows10, but now my touchscreen
doesn't work. I contacted Microsoft but all they could come up with was to contact Acer for a
Win10-compatible touchscreen driver. I read in your community that the touchscreen driver is
embedded into Windows. Is that correct? Should I be still chasing Microsoft over this issue?

Thanks.

Answers

• silizium
    silizium Member Posts: 239 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

Maybe you will find here the right driver: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+10+-+64

• mcewr
    Options

OK. I downloaded and installed the AMD Win10 64bit drivers, but still no joy :-(. Thanks for the link!

• silizium
    Options

You are new to Windows 10, maybe I didn't notice the "Tablet mode" button on the right side info tray message menu. Messages are new in Windows 10, if you left click on that tray icon a side pane opens where you find this button. Try to turn it on.

• mcewr
    Options

Tablet Mode was off so I turned it on: It made no difference to the touchscreen....

Thanks.

• silizium
    Options

OK, I'm running out of options. What BIOS version is actually installed?

• mcewr
    Options

System BIOS Version is V2.12. Thanks.