Help with my crazy tricky keyboard

Options
alexthered2013
alexthered2013 Member Posts: 41 New User
Hey guys, I have an aspire V. Tecently, crashed and long story short, I had to buy a ssd, and yesterday just installed a fresh copy of windows 10 home 64 bit. I had to get a retail disk in order for it to work. Bootable usb and other things did not work. As I was looking at the features and a much, much faster laptop with the ssd, I noticed some of my keyboard keys don't work. Sometimes i would have to press it hard ,or for a period of time for it to work, there are at least some good 8 keys that simply won't work. Is it a bug? Or can I access the key registry or anything?kinda hard from this win10 to find that. I went to diff youtube channels , but none of them would do anything?? Help??? Maybe I just did not place something right before I screwed back up my laptop??

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

in my opinion is keyboard connection, need to check it.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Options

keys not working usually it's an hardware issue, so probably the keyboard ribbon is not well placed or some liquid spilled on it.

• alexthered2013
    Options
    I can guarantee you is no liquid, that is the reason of my concern?? Maybe I moved something while putting it back together? ?? Or win 10 bugs??
  • IronFly
    Options

i highly doubt it's a windows 10 bug.

• alexthered2013
    Options
    Maybe assembling back?? I applied some pressure in the middle, and other keys started working? I did not touch anything from the keyboard?? I had a win 8 hdd plugged in, and keyboard was working just fine??
  • IronFly
    Options

i don't understand, you switched to windows 8 using an HDD and now keyboard is working?

• alexthered2013
    Options
    No, it was a diff drive, from my sister's laptop that I screwed up trying to fix mine.
  • IronFly
    Answer ✓
    Options

in my opinion is keyboard connection, need to check it.

• alexthered2013
    Options
    Ok, this comp is kinda tricky, not like most conventional laptops, where exactly find that " connection??
  • IronFly
    Options

have a look at some YouTube videos about your model keyboard. Smiley Wink