[HELP] V15 Nitro Black Edition won't turn on after installing SSD

paullagreca
paullagreca Member Posts: 2 New User

So I was upgrading my V15 nitro black edition right. I opened it up no roblem and firs tinstalled an M.2 SSD and the computer still turn on and stuff after I installed that so I was able to clone my OS onto it. So then I turned off the PC so I could install a 2.5 SSD instead of the stock HDD that is already in the laptop. I didn't do anything differently from the first time, didn't touch any other cables or anything on the motherboard, but the laptop simply wont charge or turn on!

I did some digging and found this post which is similar to my problem.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/help-acer-asipre-v15-nitro-wont-power-up-on-battery.785204/

They talked about some microswitch, but I made sure everything was tight and in place and still nothing won't turn on. I even tried manually pressing what I assume is that microswitch, above the HDD bay, and still no results. I also tried pushing the button to reset your battery on the back of the laptop with a needle and that did nothing. Does anyone have any solutions????

Answers

• larryking123
    larryking123 Member Posts: 1 New User

I just bought this laptop.

acer vn7-592g-71zl

It worked for 8 days, then went dead. Never did any modification or banged it around

it's not a cheap laptop.

The real bad thing about it is it don't work. I tried the micro switch pin hole on the bottom

made no difference. What surprises me is that there are over 3,000 views on this topic and no replies

What does this say about this model?

No answers. It is a 2016 laptop so it not like 3year old model.

So what do we do now, just lose our hard earn money, I don't get it.

Why would it just up n die. I was watching a movie, went to take a nap and came back noticed it was off

pressed the power button,,, nothing.

I am very upset caused I spent a lot of very hard earned money, now it is dead and no answers.

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi,

I know that there is a thing called warranty... And I have also heard that there is something called service center. So I would find the answers there. This is not an issue which users encounter everyday to have a clear pinpoint of what it's the issue. A service center can diagnose the issue.

And regarding the answers... Well it's simple. No answer? That means that not many people who use the model have the issue which you describe, or you are the unlucky one. I mean what do you expect from people to answer to you if they never had the issue before in the first place. They will tell you to go to service, which obviously it should be your first choice, if it's not turning on after trying basic diagnosis like battery reset, check power and so on.

When the problem would be general (as you suggest from the fact that is a "2016 model and no answers") believe me that there would be many people already complaining about the issue.

Look at a general issue on your model... which occurred after the w10 anniversary update and you will see how many people are complaining.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/VN7-592G-blue-screen-after-installed-Windows-10-Anniversary/m-p/448047#U448047

• TW85
    TW85 Member Posts: 31 Troubleshooter

Just ran across this thread. This was my issue about two weeks ago. When researching it I ran across that same link, and fixed it right away. The keyboard will look like it is seated. If you push and flex the board you can hear the microswitch being depressed. The switch is to the right of the trackpad around the ctrl key. I pushed on the keyboard and tightened the screws a little more, no the laptop is problem free. Give it a try. Good luck.

TW