HELP: HDMI Output Defaults to Integrated Graphics on V5-591G-56AS

Options
Bozanimal
Bozanimal Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

I'm getting input lag from my mouse and keyboard when outputting to my 4k display from HDMI. I've got them both hooked into the Aspire V15 laptop via USB. They work fine with my desktop, and I get no lag when using the built-in monitor, which has me suspect that it has something to do with the HDMI output.

I've noticed that the HDMI uses integrated graphics by default. This is the only thing I can think of that would be causing an input lag issue, since I've tested the input devices on other machines and with the same monitor without any issues.

Further, the NVidia Control Panel does not include settings for Display, Stereoscopic 3D, or Video. These seem to be handled by the Intel graphics controller. Is there any way to override this and use the Nvidia card exclusively? I'm at the point now where I'm just considering returning it for an Asus where I know the HDMI output is hardwired to the discrete card, but I really don't want to go through the process of setting up another PC and returning this one.

Thank you in advance,

Boz

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

In Nvidia Control Panel/ Manage 3D Settings/ Global Settings, you can set the preferred graphics processor, in PhysX Configuration, you can set the preferred Processor,  and in Program Settings you can set the preferred grafphics processor for each program on your laptop. Click add and find which one you want. I think you will find your monitor in there.

• Bozanimal
    Bozanimal Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Greetings:

Thank you for the quick response. It turns out that, while the output does seem to default to the Intel chip, the input device lag was due to the monitor (Vizio D40u-D1), NOT the PC. The PC is awesome, once again.

Physically switching the HDMI cable to the 120Hz input removed all keyboard and mouse lag. In short: It's Vizio's fault. So I'm off to look at HDMI switches to allow my desktop and laptop to share the input.

More hardware solutions to hardward problems!

Thank you again.

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Glad you found the problem.

• jfjorge
    jfjorge Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options
    Guys sorry for thread hijack but I'm getting frustrated trying to connect anything to the HDMI.
    Whatever cable I use or where I connect it to, I always get black screen only. Can someone post the drivers you guys are using?