(HELP ASAP PLZ) I need to know what my laptop's screen response rate is???

Options
krayman1
krayman1 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi there,

I have a '' Aspire V3-572G laptop'' and I was wondering can you please tell me what my laptop's screen response rate is please?? I need to know asap and fast as I am currently needing this information for important reasons.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Response Time (Optical Rise Time/Fall Time) msec 16ms

this is the average rate, since your model has various vendors on LCD panel.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

IronFly wrote:

Response Time (Optical Rise Time/Fall Time) msec 16ms

this is the average rate, since your model has various vendors on LCD panel.

Hi,

I think what you reported is the refresh rate, which makes sense (16x60=960 ms, close to 1 sec).

The response time is the time needed for a pixel to change the color from one color to another (due to changing of the frames which have to be displayed). So if the response time is for example 3 ms and the monitor is 60 Hz the frame will be static for around 13 ms. (16.6 ms refresh rate - 3 ms response time=13.6 ms)

Unless he has a 30 Hz monitor (which obviously is not the case) it would be imposible for him to have 16 ms response time, because the monitor would never be able to draw a frame.

And the response time is different for each pixel, but of course for each monitor an average is reported.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

"Response time" is known to be the most easily understandable indicator amongst the LCD specifications influencing video display quality. The response time indicates the speed with which a pixel (dot) on the screen changes from one color to another. Strictly speaking, "speed" is measured in units such as "kilometers per hour" but LCD response time is shown in "ms" (milliseconds).

http://www.eizo.com/library/basics/response_time_figures/

16ms it's a typical response time for that kind of panels, just do a quick search on google about " response time 16ms".

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/394520-why-does-anything-less-than-16ms-of-a-response-time-of-a-60hz-monitor-matter/

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Well, your definition is exactly as mine. But yes, in my example, I forgot that there is the other 16 ms till the other frame is displayed, and thus in this time the frame will be static.