HDMI audio problems - Aspire V Nitro

Options
Nathitos
Nathitos Member Posts: 8 New User

Hi all:

I have a problem with my Aspire V Nitro laptop. I have a Sony amplifier which I use to listen to the radio and play some music. I have 2 loudspeakers and a subwoofer connected to the amplifier. When I play the radio on the amplifier or when I connect an android tablet via HDMI and play music, both loudspeakers and subwoofer work great. When I connect my laptop via HDMI cable, only loudspeakers work, subwoofer is off. I have tried updating audio drivers, etc, etc, but no success.

¿Any idea of what is wrong?.

Thanks and regards,

Ignacio

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

right click on the speaker icon near clock and date, choose playback devices, click on HDMI and click on Configure, are you able to set 2.1?

if not check on Intel VGA drivers options.

i think that HDMI is streaming a pure 2.0 (stereo) audio so the subwoofer is not involved or you have to check some settings on your amplifier to activate subwoofer even without the sub channel streaming active.

Please check if your Intel VGA driver is the latest available on Acer support website:

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Answer ✓
    Options

right click on the speaker icon near clock and date, choose playback devices, click on HDMI and click on Configure, are you able to set 2.1?

if not check on Intel VGA drivers options.

i think that HDMI is streaming a pure 2.0 (stereo) audio so the subwoofer is not involved or you have to check some settings on your amplifier to activate subwoofer even without the sub channel streaming active.

Please check if your Intel VGA driver is the latest available on Acer support website:

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support

• Nathitos
    Nathitos Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options

Hi:

Thank you very much for your help. I did what you told me and apparently it is working fine..., but not always.

I think it must be something related to the audio configuration in my laptop. For example, it I put my laptop into energy save mode, when the screen goes black after, let's say 1 hour, and I press a key to switch it on again and continue to listen to some music, subwoofer stops (not loudspeakers), so I have to switch off amplifier and restart again to be able to hear it.

It is very strange so I wonder if windows configuration or the effects configuration (there are 3 tick boxes) in my sound card are the answer.

Anyway, I will try different configurations and see what happens.

Thank and regards,

Ignacio

• IronFly
    Options

You welcome. Smiley Happy