HD WebCam very blurry

Options
Kras3169
Kras3169 Member Posts: 8 New User

I have an Acer Aspire V 15 Nitro (VN7-571G-719D).  The webcam that it came with is extremely blurry/fuzzy.  There's nothing covering the lens, and I've tried wiping over it with the same cloth I use to clean my glasses.  I even tried to see if there was an update for the driver on the Acer website.  I upgraded to Windows 10 Home 64-bit.  I don't even see a driver for the camera in the list.  Any help or input would be much appreciated.

I've also tried going to Device Manger, Imaging Devices, HD WebCam, right clicking, and choosing Update Driver Software.  It says "the best driver software for your device is already installed."

Some words that might describe the view are:

blurry, fuzzy, image noise, pixelated

Answers

• Kras3169
    Kras3169 Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options

I tried downloading the Acer Crystal Eye Webcam, and it looks a lot better than what ever the normal HD WebCam software uses.

I was also able to click on "Live Update" within the Acer Crystal Eye Webcam itself, which stated: "An update is available.  Would you like to update your version now."  However, after downloading the file Windows will not let me open it stating "This publisher has been blocked from running software on your machine", and I have no idea how to get around that.

Although the picture looks better, it's still not as clear as I would like it to be.  I'm hoping that update is the last piece of the puzzle.  PLEASE HELP!