Fix for phantom touches on Aspire V3-572P?

drakoniansys
drakoniansys Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Recently having problems with my touch screen, it registers touches when it isn't being touched. 

Best Answer

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

If  you're not updated to Bios version 1.32 , update it and see if it fixes the problem.

If you need to, you can go to Device Manager/Human Interface Devices/HID-compliant touch screen, right click and select driver and disable.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

If  you're not updated to Bios version 1.32 , update it and see if it fixes the problem.

If you need to, you can go to Device Manager/Human Interface Devices/HID-compliant touch screen, right click and select driver and disable.

• drakoniansys

Tinkerer

I've had the HID-compliant touch screen disabled before, only way I could have asked my question and use the computer. I want to try the BIOS update but updating a computer's BIOS is so imperfect and I have really important data on my laptop and I'm not sure how safe it might be to update right now. Thanks for the reply, recommendations and trying to assist. It is appreciated. 

• If you are worried, connect a usb HDD and copy/paste the important stuff to it.

You never mentioned, but if you upgraded to Win 10, you need to do the bios update.

I should have asked you if you had updated the bios first.

I've updated the bios on every computer I ever had and never had a problem.

Download the latest so, you only have to do it once.

Make sure the laptop is plugged in and the battey is charged up. Extract the bios file to a new folder on the desktop and click the executable. Don't touch anything else unless told to.  I doubt if you will have any problems.

• drakoniansys

Tinkerer

Tested it and everything works fine now. Late response, sorry. I had to wait because of a storm and didn't want to risk in case of a power outage. Thanks! Touchscreen works fine, just had to recalibrate it. Marked as solution. ????