Fan speed issue

aliu2424
aliu2424 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hey so I have a question and problem about my laptops fan speed, firstly my specs:

Acer V3 571G

Intel core i5 -3210m 2.5Ghz

Geforce GT630M 2GB

10GB Ram DDR3

500GB HDD

Windows 8.1

My windows and graphics card are both fully updated to the latest.

So the problem is my Fan will not spin at the fastest RPM it can when my PC is on high temperatures.

I use speedfan to monitor the temperatures(though you cant control the fan speeds with it for laptops), the Idle temp for my CPU is around 40-50C and can can go up to 90C during gaming or after gaming. what i don't understand is why my CPU fan is not spinning at its max RPM, i figured it wasn't spinning on its max rpm when i restarted my pc (to enter BIOS) and heard the fan spinning loud and fast when i stay in BIOS but when i exit bios it returns back to its usual steady speed, The laptop also cools down extremely fast from 90C when i enter BIOS after restarting my laptop. My question is why the fan doesnt spin at that speed when my pc is starting to heat up while gaming or while doing cpu intensive tasks?

I understand that when you start up the laptop the fan speeds arent controlled yet so they spin at max until bios kicks in to control its speed or something like that, I tried looking in BIOS for the fan controls but i couldn't find any, the Bios itself had so little things that can be changed, basically only security, time settings and boot order. My laptop may be old(2 years) but i'm pretty sure its not clogged with dust otherwise it wouldnt be spinning on max when i switch it on and go to bios and yes adding thermal paste and others might help it but i'd like to focus the question on Why it isnt spinning on max when it could. I will be getting a new pc sometime soon but for now i'm just curious as to if this problem is controllable or not. 

any advice on how to control the speeds or anything at all would be helpful, if you need more information i'll glady give more.

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers