FPS DROPS in V15 Nitro

Options
markmongado
markmongado Member Posts: 1 New User

I bought my laptop a month ago and it was working properly when I firstly played a game. But after a day or two, the game's fps suddenly dropped and I didn't do anything to change the settings. The fps drop is applicable to all games that I have in my computer. The drop only occurs when the charger is unplugged (I get an average fps of 30) but when I plug the charger it's in constant 60-70fps depending on the quality. Please help me as to what to do, also I am not that knowledgable when it comes to gaming laptops. I know these descriptions are vague but if someone can help me please do reply.

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Options

Hi markmangado,

It sounds like your power settings are kicking in. By default a notebook is going to try and conserve some power when the battery is in use to increase the time it can run the unit. Go into the control panel and look for Power Options. In Power Options, you'll see that you have two settings, one for plugged in and one for being on battery. You'll want to change the settings on battery to high performance. Just remember this will reduce the life of the battery.

Hope this helps,
    Cory