Error code 0xc0000428 after deleting SDD partition?

Senethys
Senethys Member Posts: 3 New User

I used Disk Manager to delete a few primary volumes that I had

made for ubuntu. However, I noted that there were two Disks. My main and

a smaller one which didn't show up anywhere else.

I didn't know what it was for, about 20 gigs.

After I deleted the partition/volume, I could check the properties and saw that

it was an SSD and I read was used cashing ergo hybrid storage.

When I restarted the computer in was on an infinite loop upon loading.

A black screen, with the dots rolling in the lower half of the screen.

I managed to use alt + F10 to get to windows secure/recovery mode.

From there I tried various methods of recovery that didn't work.

Somehow I managed to log on using continue to windows. Everything seemed to work fine.

The computer updated and I restarted the computer. I couldn't log in at all now.
“Windows boot manager has been blocked by the current security policy”.
I managed to get around that. I reset all the BIOS settings to default.

I got error code 0xc0000428.

I haven’t tried factory recovery yet. Various boot from windows didn’t work.
I am trying to make Windows To Go work.

I have a V5-573G-54208G1.02Taii laptop

Best Answer

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Hi,

Well if you factory reset, you will get the original OS with some software preinstalled.

If you do clean install, you will install the windows, from a USB and wipe all the data from it and get just a stock OS.

Both ways the data from the main partition will be deleted.

Before trying to reset did you try to see some info about the error. I mean looking on the internet it tells you clearly that the problem is in boot manager.

Did you try to make a USB boot drive with windows, boot the drive, select repair your computer ---> troubleshoot ---> and from here startup repair?

Maybe can fix the boot partition and repair it, and recover the system.

Answers

• sharky25k

Hi,

I don't think that you will manage to recover the system after deleting the cache partition. That SSD was managed by software to load faster the OSand if some critical system parts were there and you deleted them then you will most probably need to reinstall the entire system.

• Senethys

That's strange because I managed to log on the first time after I had deleted it. But only once.

What's the difference between reinstalling the entire system and reseting to factory settings?

I did that but I get the same 0xc0000428 error.

• sharky25k
    Answer ✓

Hi,

Well if you factory reset, you will get the original OS with some software preinstalled.

If you do clean install, you will install the windows, from a USB and wipe all the data from it and get just a stock OS.

Both ways the data from the main partition will be deleted.

Before trying to reset did you try to see some info about the error. I mean looking on the internet it tells you clearly that the problem is in boot manager.

Did you try to make a USB boot drive with windows, boot the drive, select repair your computer ---> troubleshoot ---> and from here startup repair?

Maybe can fix the boot partition and repair it, and recover the system.

• Senethys

I used USB to try to repair but the same error kept appearing. I did a factory reset but that didn't work either.

I did google the error but the only suggestions were to repair from USB. Used different methods such as Autorepair and cmd commands.

It's beyond me know. Gona take the computer to PC shop. Thanks for the help.