Driver for Overwatch

Options
dorfin
dorfin Member Posts: 7 New User

Hello, 

I'm using VN7-791 with Windows 8.1(x64), I have the driver on the Acer support website. But as I tried to launch Overwatch it say driver update is needed for better compatibility. I was curious for which driver I need to use for better game experience.

Best Answer

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

You should update to the latest bios.

• dorfin
    Options

Where can I find latest drivers and how can I update them?

• philetus
    Options

Tyoe System Information in Windows search. Look at bios version/ date. If it is not version 1.11/3/16/2015, download this and extract to a new folder on the desktop.

BIOSAcerUpdate nVidia VBIOS1.115.1 MB2015/03/16Download

Make sure  you are plugged in, battery is connected and charged, open the bios folder and double click the bios executable. Don't do anything unless told to.

• dorfin
    Options

I found out that, I got v1.14 for BIOS and all drivers at acer site seems up to date. Hopefully don't get problems with graphical driver. 

• philetus
    Options

You said above that you have a VN7-791. As there is no 791. I figured it was a 791G. 

Now you say you have a version v1.14 bios and there is no 1.14 bios for a VN7-791G.

So, what model do you have?

• dorfin
    Options

Sorry, I got VN7-791G, and in the screenshot you can see my acer care shows v1.14.

ss.png

• dorfin
    Options

Sorry, I got VN7-791G, and in the screenshot you can see my acer care shows v1.14.

http://imgur.com/a8CRIUS

• philetus
    Answer ✓
    Options

Here's what is offered at Acer Drivers http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

2016-05-02_1425.jpg

• dorfin
    Options

After trying the game, I didn't had any issues about my performence so thank you again.

• philetus
    Options

Could you go to Windows search, type System Information and see what version and date it shows for the bios?