Downgraded Acer Aspire V3 575G to windows 7 but unable to install wifi driver

Carrot
Carrot Member Posts: 7 New User
Hi, I got a new laptop yesterday, the model is Acer Aspire V3 575G 73ZZ. I didn't like the windows 10 preinstalled with it so I installed a fresh copy of windows 7 on it. However, after the installation is done, none of my Drivers work. I went to search for the Drivers for my model, but they were all for windows 10 and were not compatible with my laptop. I've been trying to install wifi Drivers for the whole night but none of them work on my laptop.

Does anyone know what wifi Drivers to install so it can work on windows 7?

Best Answer

• Carrot
    Answer ✓

I found the solution to my issue! I did a search on acer and found out that my device is using Atheros Wireless LAN Driver (NFA344) Win 10 64bit, so I did a Google search to find the Win 7 64 bit version for the driver and came across this page: http://support.lenovo.com/sg/en/downloads/ds105865

Even though the driver is from Lenovo, but I ran it on my Acer Aspire V3 575G and it worked perfectly. I'm able to connect to the wifi now!

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Is your sound working? If it's not, you're probably not going to get it to work. See this thread

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/no-audio-solution-windows-7downgrade/m-p/426133#U426133

Are you OK without sound?

• Carrot

Yes the sound is working, but the rest of my other drivers are not working. 

• philetus

You may as well start with running The Intel® Driver Update Utility and see if it ifinds something that works.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

• Carrot

I'm unable to connect to the internet, will this work?

• peckapecan
    peckapecan Member Posts: 3 New User

Havin the same problem with my 575G, no win 7 drivers, but.....

try to download and run driverpack solution app, that have sort things out for me with other computers.

• philetus

If you're having the same Win 7 driver problem, why haven't you tried Driver Pack yourself?

• Carrot
    Answer ✓

I found the solution to my issue! I did a search on acer and found out that my device is using Atheros Wireless LAN Driver (NFA344) Win 10 64bit, so I did a Google search to find the Win 7 64 bit version for the driver and came across this page: http://support.lenovo.com/sg/en/downloads/ds105865

Even though the driver is from Lenovo, but I ran it on my Acer Aspire V3 575G and it worked perfectly. I'm able to connect to the wifi now!

• philetus

Good find.

• peckapecan
    peckapecan Member Posts: 3 New User

What i ment was, that i havnt tried the drps myself yet, because i recently picked up my new computer, and

just seen on the acer web that it is only win 10 drivers for this one, and i really hate win 10.

But the drps has saved me several times on other computers.

Now i want to install Win 7 Ultimate on my Aspire V3-575G-53YY ,but ofcourse i encounter problems almost immidiatly.

When booting from USB i get the "cant find cd/dvd driver", even if i boot from a usb 2 port, havnt had this problem on other computers., so what to do?, changed to Legacy in bios, and its about the only thing i can do in bios, no USB 3 options .

• yakdagg
    yakdagg Member Posts: 1 New User

i was like u; if u can try with dvd, it will be fine. but no wifi - no usb working.

• dayvsea
    dayvsea Member Posts: 1 New User

Are you good with your sound driver? Any others that were a problem? Can you use legacy apps that feature old school drivers? Scanners, printers, etc...