Does my laptop support SDXC cards?

BlueBastion
BlueBastion Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello, I have an Aspire V3-372T and just wanted to know if it supports SDXC cards. On the product page it only says it has an SD card slot, but I don't know if that means it won't support SDXC or SDHC

Answers

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi,

On the notebook user manual it is written that it accepts SD and SDHC cards.

Also based on wikipedia:

Spoiler

Compatibility with SDHC

[...] SDHC host devices will accept SDXC cards that follow Version 3.0, since the interface is identical, but the following issues may affect usability:

• SDXC cards are pre-formatted with Microsoft's proprietary and patented exFAT file system, which the host device might not support. [...] FAT32-formatted SDXC cards can be used in a host device built for SDHC if the host device can handle 64GB and larger volumes.

• SDHC host devices will not test the new capability bits defined for SDXC 4.0 cards. It will therefore not be able to use the new features of SDXC, such as transfer speeds above UHS104 (104MB/s).

Just as a note. In my notebook manual it is also written that it accepts SDHC and SD cards, but I use the card reader with a 64 GB sandisk extreme pro SDXC card and I have no issues with it. Actually it never came into my mind that the card reader would not support SDXC. I was always worried about the camera that it will not support SDXC.