Dead V5-561G, no sticker, SNID, S/N

Dianalarose
Dianalarose Member Posts: 2 New User
I have a bad feeling I could be really hosed...
Less than a year ago, I scrimped and saved to buy my 12 yo a nice new laptop. Recently, it started randomly restarting. I know overheating can cause this, but that didnt seem to be the problem. Then the laptop just died altogether. Lights in front turn on, but nothing on screen. Still under warranty, so I go to ooen a case and...no sticker on the bottom, therefore cant determine SNID or S/N. Possibly my daughter removed it, not knowing it's important. I found a 22-digit number on the battery and entered that as the serial number, but that apparently isnt it. I have the receipt and packing list. I'm really hoping there's some way we can still take advantage of the warrantly, but I have no idea how...

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,046 Trailblazer

Hello,

First you could try with an external monitor or a LCD TV using the VGA or HDMI port.

[Fn]+[F5]:  Switches display output between the display screen, external monitor (if connected) and both.

If that doesn't work, may be you'll find the serial number in your Acer account.

France
  • Dianalarose
    Dianalarose Member Posts: 2 New User
    The serial number is definitely not in my account. But I'll try connecting an external monitor. Good idea, thanks.