Dead Aspire Nitro Black VN7-791G-7484 - Where to get parts?

ademus
ademus Member Posts: 2 New User

I have an acer aspire nitro black laptop that I bought at the end of January 2015 (Meaning I had it one year and 4 months when it broke).  The model number is VN7-791G-7484.

The laptop is completely dead.  It was on when I went downstairs and off when I came back up with 0 signs of life.  Not even the light on the side with the cord plugged in was on.  I took it to the local repair guy and he verified that there is no power anywhere and that there was probably a short in the motherboard and I need to replace it.  He checked the websites where he usually buys replacement parts for laptops and the only motherboard he could find was $700, and that would not even include the labor to fix it.

It is out of warranty and when I looked at the website the only repair options in the out-of-warranty section did not seem like they could help with my issue since it looked like a hardware problem.

My question is...where can I get replacement parts for my laptop or find an official repair place that would actually have access to these parts for a reasonable amount of money?  Obviously I am not going to pay the price of a new laptop to fix the old one.

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,050 Trailblazer

Hello,

This is the price and may be more. The cpu is directly soldered on the motherboard and you have a discret graphic board. Here is the part number of your motherboard:

Spoiler
    NB.MQR11.004MAIN BD.DIS.I7-4710HQ.860M.2GB

You can request a quote from your Acer store by phone or by chat. You'll see...

France
  • ademus
    ademus Member Posts: 2 New User

No, I believe you. I guess it's just my bad luck and I will have to be more careful what I buy in the future.

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,050 Trailblazer

In this case, you'll be able to request informations about a model in this website... before to purchase it. Smiley Wink

France