Cannot update to Windows 10 build 1511

CommarZ
CommarZ Member Posts: 2 New User

Hey, I just bought my laptop 2 days ago and it's working just fine but I cannot update it to Windows 10 build 1511 from Windows Update. After it asks me to restart my laptop it goes through the install but after the final step gets to 100% it just says "Going back to previous version of windows." or something like that. And it is an upgrade from Windows 10 build to another not from Windows 7/8 to Windows 10. I'm wondering if any of you have had this same issue.

My laptop is Acer Aspire V 15 V3-574-5676 and it's serial number is NXG1KED054***

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]

Answers

• Fulgurator
    Fulgurator Member Posts: 4 New User

I have the same problem. My Windows 10 version is still build 10240. I can't update to 1511.

I have tried Windows Update, Upgrade assistant for Win 10, and Media Creation Tool. Nothing works.

I wonder if this has anything to do with Acer blocking us from updating the graphic drivers etc. It seems Acer has "locked" my PC for OS and driver updates. Really annoyed right now.

The error message I get using Media Creation Tool is:

"windows 10 upgrade failed with 0x80073B92 - 0x20009 failed in the SAFE OS phase"

• CommarZ
    CommarZ Member Posts: 2 New User

I tried to update my bios to v1.35 and now when the Windows Update asks me to restart the computer it won't even start the update, it will do just an normal restart and then when I go to Windows Update it still asks me to restart.