Can you replace the keyboard on Acer Aspire E5-571G-59CT?

MvdL79
MvdL79 Member Posts: 8 New User

Hi all,

I can get a good deal on an Acer Aspire E5-571G-59CT laptop.

However there is one downside. They keyboard layout is in German. I think the German layout is QWERTZ?
Anyways, I want to know if it's possible to replace the keyboard with a keyboard with a US-layout (QWERTY).

I noticed several online shops are offering keyboards, but I rather be sure on this fact.

I can find keyboards, with US-layout, for Acer Aspire 'E5-571G'-part, but not for 59CT model. Does that matter? I think the last part is only for the configuration, right? Can someone confirm this?

The keyboard I found so far is: http://bit.ly/1EVk49k
On eBay even cheaper: http://ebay.to/1vjvXG9

Thank you so far for responding. Highly appreciated.

Regards

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,046 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hello,

Yes the last characters are the configuration for this country (Germany).

You have actually this keyboard:

NK.I171S.00DKEYBOARD (GERMAN)
    NK.I1713.05PKEYBD.104K.BLACK.GERMAN

You'll need these US keyboard:

NK.I1713.066KEYBD.US-INT.103KS BLK
    NK.I171S.00WKEYBD.103K.BLACK.US-INT.WIN8
    France

Answers

• laurent_14
    Answer ✓

Hello,

Yes the last characters are the configuration for this country (Germany).

You have actually this keyboard:

NK.I171S.00DKEYBOARD (GERMAN)
    NK.I1713.05PKEYBD.104K.BLACK.GERMAN

You'll need these US keyboard:

NK.I1713.066KEYBD.US-INT.103KS BLK
    NK.I171S.00WKEYBD.103K.BLACK.US-INT.WIN8
    France
  • MvdL79

Thank you for the quick and detailed response.

Silly question but are both partnumbers the same keyboard? Is there a difference?
    I Googled the part numbers, but couldn't find a real difference between the two.

As far as I can tell, searched on the internet, it's not that hard to replace the keyboard on this Acer laptop.
    For example; the previous Asus N73SV keyboard access was really easy. Don't know about this Acer yet. Smiley Happy

• Hello,

Both keyboards have the same US layout. The difference is the brand.

NK.I1713.066KEYBD.US-INT.103KS BLK - CHICONY
    NK.I171S.00WKEYBD.103K.BLACK.US-INT.WIN8 - SUNREX
    France
  • MvdL79

Ah thank you for the explanation. Was wondering about that.

Is it easy to replace the keyboard in general on these laptops?

• Hello,

Watch this video about the Aspire E5-571G (German with good english comments). You'll see how to remove the upper cover with the keyboard. You'll have to remove easely the keyboard. 

France
  • MvdL79

Thank you! Highly appreciated. Smiley Happy

• You're welcome!

France
  • MvdL79

Sorry for asking another question about this laptop (Acer Aspire E5-571G-59CT).

This laptop comes with a 2.5" HDD (500 GB) and with a DVD Super Multi Brenner (Double Layer) DVD DL±RW/CDRW.
    I think it's possible to add a SSD, however now I am wondering about the following;

Question #1
    Are both SATA ports (for HDD and DVD burner) the same speed (both SATA III)? I am asking this because I read somewhere that often the SATA controller to the DVD burner is slower (for example SATA II or even SATA I, instead of SATA III).

If yes (same speed / SATA III), that will mean I can leave the HDD drive where it is and just get a caddy for the SSD to place it in the DVD burner slot.

If no (not the same speed), then will it work if I get a caddy for the HDD drive and install it in a caddy (in the DVD slot) and connect the SSD where the HDD was originally (for getting full speed). I don't care that much about the HDD speed. I will only use it for backups and for pictures anyways.

Can someone advice me with this.

Oh and 1 final question; I seem to have a have a hard time in finding a suitable caddy for the Acer Aspire E5-571G(-59CT). The only ones I seem to find are for the Acer Aspire V5 versions, for example; V5-531 / V5-551 / V5-571.

Are these compatible?

Sorry once again for all the questions...

• MvdL79

STOP READING THE PREVIOUS QUESTION! PLEASE. TY

I did some more digging around and found a better solution for my needs: Acer Aspire VN7-571G-51WH
    On this laptop I can also get a good deal, though it's a little bit more expensive.

Is it possible to replace this keyboard also with an US-layout keyboard?
    If yes, please post the corresponding part numbers for it (current and replacable ones). Thank you.

The only keyboard (with backlit support) I could find, was one on eBay here. But I am not sure it will fit / work.

The reason for going for this laptop is:

- M.2 slot (so no need for HDD caddy)
    - IPS panel (better colours)

You can reinstall Windows 8.1 (clean install) on the M.2 drive (NGFF SSD) right? Any recommendations on what brand I should pick (needs to be >100GB).

I found this site with some details.

Thank you once again and sorry for my stupid questions... I really hope this keyboard can be replaced. This laptop is really looking good... Smiley Happy

• Hello,

For Aspire VN7-571G (upper cover with keyboard): 

60.MQKN1.009COVER.UPPER.BLK.W/KB.US-INT.BLIT

For SDD:

You already have SSHD 500Mb/8Mb.

The original SSD are:

KN.0600L.002FLASH DISK.64GB.SSD.NAND
    KN.12807.010FLASH DISK.128GB.SSD.NAND (KINGSTON)
    France
  • laurent_14

Hello,

I made a mistake in my previous reply. The SSHD specifications are 500Gb/8Gb. 

France
  • MvdL79

Thank you for your answers. No worries about the typo, I understood you correctly. Smiley Happy

I do have a question about the:

60.MQKN1.009COVER.UPPER.BLK.W/KB.US-INT.BLIT

It says and I quote "Aspire VN7-571G (upper cover with keyboard)"
    What does "upper cover" mean and is it needed?

I am asking this, because I can get the US-version of this keyboard on eBay. However I am not sure it will fit.
    I compared this version with the German (QWERTZ) version, but it looks similar.

Here is a screenshot of the eBay keyboard:
    us-keyboard.jpg

And after a long search I also found a picture of the same, but German, keyboard:

de-keyboard.jpg

I think the layout, in size, is the same. Some keys are a little different, for example the 'enter'-key, however it seems to be the same size.

What do you think? I contacted the eBay seller and he said the following: "We check your photo, EU laptop case and US laptop case Seems to be the same, we think 99.9% are same, but, we really can't 100% confirm it."

I also think it's similar, but what do you think?

• laurent_14

Hello,

The upper cover is the big plastic part where is fixed the keyboard (upper case).

About the "compatible" keyboard, I wouldn't buy it. It looks like a toy!

France
  • MvdL79

Toy? It's made in China just like the original keyboard most probably.

Well I did a search for the original keyboard, which costs around 80,- Euro excl. shipping fee's, so this will probably be around ~95,- Euro's.

Where the 'toy'-keyboard costs 25,- Euro incl. shipping.

That's really a big difference between the two.

• j500
    j500 Member Posts: 12 New User

Change Replacement Keyboard Video Tutorial for Acer Aspire E5-571 Serie

Acer Laptop Replace Keyboard E1 E5 E11 Es1 E15 E17 New Model