Can't create a partition

Options
subzerokirby
subzerokirby Member Posts: 2 New User

hello i am also new i have a problem with a acer i got this acer aspire v5 laptop from my friend and i was going trough a update of windows 10 and my pc turned off and i took it out of my laptop and i saw that when i looked at it in another pc the partition was deleted i have the acer factory boot cds but i cant fix it i create a partition and i move the system cd into it but when i move it to the laptop it starts up in the recovery but it says it needs legacy boot and when i switch it the windows igsignia opens but says it cant continue exept the eudi boot could you please help i need this pc for school and would like ot fix as soon as possible and i dont know how to send messages please help

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

you need to completly wipe your HDD
    http://www.partitionwizard.com/partition-wizard-bootable-cd.html
    download the .iso file
    then use a software to burn CD/DVD or USB flash drive and burn the .iso file
    once done, put the CD/DVD/USB on your PC, boot from CD/USB (maybe you need to boot under Legacy if you have UEFI BIOS)
    press F12 at boot and choose CD or USB
    at the desktop
    select your HDD
    right click on your HDD icon and choose delete all partitions and click on yes and then apply
    http://www.partitionwizard.com/help/delete-all-partitions.html#howto

then exit partition wizard, boot to BIOS, set UEFI back from Legacy (if you have UEFI BIOS) and boot from the erecovery media.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • subzerokirby
    subzerokirby Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

That dint work i clean my hard drive on cmd and create a two partitions and format it ntfs then i copy the system cd on the active small partition when i restart the acer it said that it needs eudi boot and then when i witch it to legacy and it wont boot right any help i dont know how to boot. its a acer aspire v5-531 ver.