Can my "Aspire V3-772G-747a161TMakk" read 1 HDD, 1 SSD, and 1 mSATA SSD at the same time?

Behdad
Behdad Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi,

I have an "Aspire V3-772G-747a161TMakk", which has a 1TB HDD installed on it by default. I was wondering if I could add a 1TB SSD and another 256GB mSATA SSD to it? Would my laptop then be able to read all 3 drives at the same time? SSDs aren't cheap, so I really need to know if they're going to work on it, if I'm going to buy them.

Thank you for your time

Answers

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi,

it will work as you can see in this post:

https://raywoodcockslatest.wordpress.com/2013/11/06/acer-aspire-v3-772g-9829-hardware/

But it will be a headache as you can see in the post, because you will need the mounting bracket for the second HDD which is not provided by acer in the notebook if you don't have 2 HDD's installed by default. Also the 2 screws for the mSATA are not provided.

Remember that is an mSATA port not an M.2 SSD port.

• Behdad
    Behdad Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you very much for your help. Despite my internet searches, I hadn't been able to find this helpful article.

So I'm going to have an mSATA and an SSD added on my laptop in a week or so. I'll post the results here afterwards.