Can anyone making a disassembly video or guide of the Acer Aspire V15 Nitro Black Edition?

Options
SakinChowdhury
SakinChowdhury Member Posts: 21 New User

The laptop in question is the Acer Aspire V15 Nitro Black Edition VN7-591G-729V 4K.

There are literally no clear disassembly videos that are in English nor subtitled in English. As most of this community knows, the Acer Aspire V15 does not have a maintenance hatch, so you have to literally take the keyboard off along with the entire top panel to do any sort of modication. 

I want to replace the HDD with an SSD, and for the most part I know where the slot for it is, but it's all the additional wires that I'm worried about. Knowing what to unplug when lifting the keyboard and knowing what belongs where is a nightmare. I'm not confidence enough in opening it, can anyone at least make a step by step guide, with or without pictures or at most a video in English? Thanks.

Best Answer

• SakinChowdhury
    Answer ✓
    Options

philetus wrote:

This type of connector you very gently pust both sides of the black bar away from the white side. Reinstalling the cable, you have to keep it out as you slide the ribbon cable back in.

images.jpg

Which type of connector are you talking about? Those 3 connectors that are connected to the keyboard when you first pry it open?

Answers

• SakinChowdhury
    Options

I appreciate the links, but the video nor the guides actually help my biggest concern; taking the keyboard off. The guides don't exactly show where the wires are connected to in the motherboard.

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Those are very easy and will only go in one place each. Lift it up gently and look with a flashlight if you need it.

This type of connector you very gently pust both sides of the black bar away from the white side. Reinstalling the cable, you have to keep it out as you slide the ribbon cable back in.

images.jpg

This type you gently flip up the black bar and slide ouy the ribbon cable.

Just make sure you have nothing else connected before you lift keyboard and you will be fine.

When you lay the keyboard back down the cables will flop down almost to where the connectors are.

• SakinChowdhury
    Answer ✓
    Options

philetus wrote:

images.jpg

Which type of connector are you talking about? Those 3 connectors that are connected to the keyboard when you first pry it open?

• philetus
    Options

Yes. I usually use my finger nails. Its only going to move MMs so don't try to push it far.

There may be a plug you have to pull out to. I think it's three things you have to remember and they will all be right at where you need to connect them.This is a really easy job.

• SakinChowdhury
    Options

The laptop will be coming in a few days now, do you think you can help me along the way if I keep you posted with pictures such as the Disk Management screen shot?

• philetus
    Options

Absolutely Sakin. I'll be right here.

• damekko
    damekko Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

For everyone out there that want to swap the hdd for an ssd:

If you don't wanna tear appart your brand new toy, just get an HDD caddy, put the ssd there and load it instead of the optical drive, the port is SATA 3 (6Gb/s) and yes, the laptop can boot from it, thats how i'm running my setup.

This is on a VN7-792g Model

Regards!