Can I replace my wifi card?

Ateyx
Ateyx Member Posts: 1 New User

So I've had an Acer v5 522p for just over a year now, and within the past 2 months, the wifi has gone from bad, to horrible, and yesterday, to non-existant. I've done what every other thread on this board, and other boards have said: reinstalling drivers, disabling bluetooth, disabling the power management on the wifi adapter, and I even did a factory reset. Nothing. So, I'm now looking to either buy a USB wifi adapter, or preferably just get a new wifi adapater card and replace the Atheros AR5BWB222. But, I have no idea whether the motherboard has a whitelist on replacing wifi cards or not, any thoughts?

Thanks!

Answers

• sathya0403
    sathya0403 ACE Posts: 586 Pioneer
    Hi,

Sorry for the Wifi Issue, Yes the Wifi Card in this model is replacable,. Wifi Mini Card,. You could get the same from nearby Computer stores, I would go for USB receiver as its simple to use. Cheers.
  • ajricaud1
    ajricaud1 Member Posts: 6 New User

FWIW, I tried replacing the wi-fi card with the newer AC type cards in my Aspire V5-571P twice with no success. The second manufacturer's tech support informed me that Acer has a "whitelist" that prevents the use of devices. That's why they didn't work. Now, after re-installing the same card as yours I can't get it to work either. Best to leave it alone, I guess, and use a USB adapter instead.

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,018 Trailblazer

Hello Ateyx,

Could you give me the first ten characters of the laptop serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

France
  • mself61
    mself61 Member Posts: 1 New User

I bought a week ago at walmartAXC-605G-UW20 PC, wifi card worked 3-4 days, now seeing this info I guess the best way to go is USB adapter .. shm.. I dont want to have to send my unit in for repair even though it is in warantee.