Buzzing noise and screen freezing.

Options
Hariboxxiv
Hariboxxiv Member Posts: 1 New User

I recently brought an Acer aspire V5-431 off a friend of mine who had the laptop for a few years. The laptop works fine until i move it or knock it in a certian way. The screen has lots of weirdly coloured rectangles all over the screen and there is a loud buzzing noise from, what sounds like, the speakers. I have tried everything, been on forums, browsed lots of websites, asked other I.T geeks but no solution has ever surfaced. It's really annoying when you're video editing and the screen freezes and suddenly you have lost all of your work, or browsing the internet and it suddenly just lots of squares and rectangles all over the screen, just by a touch of a corner... I'm hoping that i can find a solution as I love using it every day, and hope i won't have to buy a whole new laptop. It could possibly be the HDD because on the defraggler software the health of the HDD says "warning"

Sometimes when the screen does its "thing", the laptop refuses to display ANYTHING on the screen after you turn it off and back on again, the backlight doesn't even come on. If you can, please help. It will be much appreciated. Thanks,

Hariboxxiv.

Answers