Brightness can't be controlled after installing the November update of windows 10 for VN7-571G-71KY

sirosh
sirosh Member Posts: 3 New User

HI,

I am not able to control the brightness of the screen using the function keys after the november windows 10 major update. The screen always on 100% brightness. And there is no brightness control in power management options.

Best Answer

• sirosh
    Answer ✓

Found itt !!! In case anybody have this problem here 's the solution which helped me.

• go to Device manager
    • Look for Monitors 
    • expand it and if it shows other than Generic PnP Monitor then change it back to Generic PnP Monitor  by right Click ->>
    • Click Update Driver Software
    • Click Browse My Computer for driver software 
    • Click on Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer
    • then slect Generic PnP Monitor from the list of Models
    • Click next 
    • And the display adjuster will be enabled wherever they use to be.  Man Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

Answers

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

To change brightness of your Acer computer, check if the instructions mentioned on the link below work:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-screen-brightness

Hope this will help you.

• sirosh

well tx for the reply,But thats the problem the diplay adjuster is no where to be seen...Man Frustrated

brightness missing.PNG

• sirosh
    Answer ✓

Found itt !!! In case anybody have this problem here 's the solution which helped me.

• go to Device manager
    • Look for Monitors 
    • expand it and if it shows other than Generic PnP Monitor then change it back to Generic PnP Monitor  by right Click ->>
    • Click Update Driver Software
    • Click Browse My Computer for driver software 
    • Click on Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer
    • then slect Generic PnP Monitor from the list of Models
    • Click next 
    • And the display adjuster will be enabled wherever they use to be.  Man Very Happy Smiley Very Happy
  • ashbygeek
    ashbygeek Member Posts: 1 New User

I had this problem too, but in control panel my monitor was already listed as 'Generic PnP Monitor', but I went ahead and followed the steps and went into update drivers -> pick from list and chose 'Generic PnP Monitor' again. It reinstalled the drivers and now my brightness adjust works again.

Thanks a bunch! Thought I'd chime in just in case somebody else runs across a case like mine.