Bluetooth Mouse won't reconnect after reboot

thirddjembe
thirddjembe Member Posts: 4 New User

I recently purchased an Acer Aspire V3-575T-53BP laptop running Windows 10 and a Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Mouse 3600.  They paired up fine initially, but each time after I turn the computer off and restart, the mouse does not connect.  When I go into Bluetooth Settings, it shows the mouse as still paired, but I have to remove the device and re-pair it to get it to work.  Obviously I don't want to have to do this everytime I start up the computer.  Any suggestions on how to resolve this?  Thanks!

Best Answer

• thirddjembe
    Answer ✓

I gave up on the Bluetooth mouse.  Don't think it was a problem with the Acer, I tried the mouse on my work laptop (ThinkPad) and got the same result.

Answers

• Puente
    Puente Member Posts: 5 New User

Go to the Bluetooth Module in Device Manager.

Under Power Management there is an option which says "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power", uncheck it.

Maybe you should check the USB hubs for this too.

I am not sure but maybe it would help.

• thirddjembe

There are five devices listed under Bluetooth:

bluetooth_devices.jpg

Only one, Bluetooth USB Shows a Power Management tab.  I have unchecked "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power", but that has not resolved my problem.

bluetooth_usb_module.jpg

Thank you though!

• Puente

Did you try it for USB hubs? They should be under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers".

• thirddjembe

Just gave that a try, disabled that option on "USB Root Hub (HCI)" and no luck.  Not sure why it would have any effect, don't see the relationship between USB and Bluetooth.  Not using any kind of USB dongle for the Bluetooth, using the laptop's native Bluetooth feature.

• Puente

Yes of course. Sorry about that, I just thought that wireless mice with mini usb receivers. I am still using my old wired mouse Smiley Very Happy

And sorry I couldn't be helpful. I hope you can solve this problem in a short time.

• thirddjembe
    Answer ✓

I gave up on the Bluetooth mouse.  Don't think it was a problem with the Acer, I tried the mouse on my work laptop (ThinkPad) and got the same result.