Blue screen after suspend/resume

Tom42
Tom42 Member Posts: 3 New User

Just got a new laptop a couple weeks ago. Every time I resume from suspend, it shows the login screen and then immediately blue screens and restarts.

According to the crash dump, the Qualcomm Atheros wifi driver (Qcamainx64.sys) is at fault. It's up to date (version 11.0.0.373). It crashes with "Unknown bugcheck code (1d3)".

Model: VN7-591G-729V

Anything I can do to work around this? Can I upgrade or downgrade the driver without downloading one from a sketchy Czech website? I haven't been able to find anywhere I can report the bug to Qualcomm.

Thanks.

Best Answer

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

i think it will be easy to uninstall the Acer one and install the latest available for your adapter.

you can download it from here too, 100% trustable website and direct download:

http://smtp.station-drivers.com/index.php/downloads/Drivers/Qualcomm-Atheros/WLan/AR61x4/Qualcomm-Atheros-61x4-Wireless-lan-Drivers-Version-11.0.0.500/

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Tom42

Thanks for your help. I installed version 11.0.0.500 and restarted, but it still blue screens after suspend/resume. Though, the error did change from Unknown 1d3 to IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, so that's... something.

Maybe tomorrow I will try version 11.0.0.471, though I don't really expect it to work either. Maybe I will also try enabling/disabling some of the wireless modes in the driver settings and see if that happens to get around it. If you have any more ideas let me know.

• IronFly

ok.

the IRQ..... error is  always related to Atheros wifi module?

• Tom42

Yes, it's always the Qualcomm driver.

I installed 11.0.0.471 and it looks like the problem has gone away. Hopefully it doesn't come back. Thanks!

• IronFly

You welcome. Smiley Happy