Black screen no access

Options
dulceflores
dulceflores Member Posts: 9 New User
So everything was going great until I upgraded to 8.1. Now I see the blue power button turn on but nothing on the screen. I read its cause of the drivers I think the graphic driver to be specific. I can not access anything I tried shift 8 and nothing. Is there another way I can restore it to original? I even tried turning on and and off 4 times and leaving on the forth which worked before but is not working now. I can take the hard drive and hook it up to my other computer and access the files but not sure what to even look for.

Best Answer

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    Are you able to see the Acer logo when you turn ON the computer?

If you see the Acer logo, keep on tapping the F 2 key to check if the BIOS page is displayed.

If BIOS page is displayed, exit from BIOS. Restart your computer press and hold the the left Alt key and tap the F10 key and check if you get the troubleshoot> reset options. You may need to backup data before recovery. 

If there is no display when you power On the computer, you may remove the battery and check by connecting only the AC adapter. If the battery is non removable battery perform a reset using the battery pinhole at the bottom of your computer.

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• dulceflores
    Options
    There is nothing on the screen. Tried the battery trick, didn't work.
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

if you have an external monitor or TV, connect it and check if something appears when you turn on the laptop.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • dulceflores
    Options
    Doesn't detect it
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

laptop model?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • dulceflores
    Options
    Acer aspire v5 122p 0864
  • jgorreon
    jgorreon Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options
    I have the same problem. I want to try your solution, but seems the post was edited already.
  • peter11
    peter11 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

same problem. help