Black Screen Battery Full No Fan

pvanwelt
pvanwelt Member Posts: 3 New User

Last week my laptop was almost empty , I received a 10% message within windows and I put in the charger.

I worked another hour and then shut down the laptop and let it on the charger the rest of the night to make sure it was full next morning.

The next morning when I tried to turn on the laptop I noticed the following.

- Laptop makes no sound, no fan or (ssd hdd). Only the left led was blue, no hdd led lighting up.

- Laptop goes on, screen stays black, and after ~ 7/8 seconds the laptop goes off.

In the past I had issues when the battery was entirely flat, and I could not get the laptop turned on, this behaviour looks different.

I tried the following : 

* turn on without battery, and connected to charger (again goes on, no an, goes off ater ~ 7/8 seconds).

* turn on without memory, no beeps

* removed battery + RAM , wait one hour, hold power button for 2 minutes, try boot, still same issue

* Put DOS bios flash on FAT 32 format usb,  hold FN + Escape, boot laptop, hope screen turns on and fash bios.

No luck, still same error.

* Connected an external display, still same issue

On the internet there are a lot of threads about similar issues, I also read about a damaged vga cable ?

But I normally shut down the laptop, and closed the lid, how could that damage the screen ? 

Anybody has some tips ? Unfortunately laptop is 2 years old, so no warranty left Smiley SadSmiley Sad

Answers

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi,

I don't think that is the VGA cable.

I think there is something wrong with the motherboard. A broken VGA cable does not cause the system to shut down after 7-8 seconds.

Also if you think that the cable would be the main issue you can always try to connect an external display.

• pvanwelt

Thanks for your reply!

I forgot to mention, I already tried connecting an external display, same issue Smiley Sad
    I still cannot believe that a graceful shutdown, and normal usage of the laptop, would result in such behaviour...

Still hoping somebody has a tip to get this fixed.

• pvanwelt

I am happy to tell I have found and fixed the issue!

It was more ore less the same issue as before, the laptop was in some kind of "state" where it did not start properly.

I have fixed it by opening the laptop, and removing the Cmos battery, wait 2 minutes, and then it worked again like a charm ^^