Bios recovery on an Aspire V5 551 after a "bios block"

Options
artno51
artno51 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi,

Where could I find, please, the "crisis package source" needed to create an USB flash crisis disk, for a bios recovery on an Aspire V5 551 ?

Thanks,

regards,

Arnaud

Answers

• sathya0403
    Options
    Hi,

Could you let us know what exactly is the issue when you say BIOS block?
  • artno51
    artno51 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

By "bios block", I mean that nothing else than a grey screen happen after a start up by pressing the power on button.

I have tried first with another screen, without any different result.

No HDD activity, no possibility to enter bios by pressing F2, F8, F10, F12 or else..

I have checked the bios battery tension (without any external power supply and with main battery out), which is at only 2.48v (instead of 3.0v, for this ML1220 cell ref in a good state)

So, I think that my Aspire V5 551 has probably lost its bios...

I have read many things about the Crisis Mode, which provide an emergency way to re-instal a new bios, I have tried to enter it (with success, by pressing "fun" + "esc" before and during power on), then the recovery sequence seems to begin (because of power led flashing blue, and a little bit activity on the USB flash key led), but nothing more happen after something like 30min..

I think my main problem now, is that I have only an ".exe" Insyde file downloaded on my USB flash key from Acer support (the right one for my s/n laptop)

This ".exe" file is only made to be used for a bios update on a running laptop, not to be used for a total bios recovery... 

I have read something about this situation here : I think it is exactly what I need (a raw bios file retrieved from the ".exe" file, through a virtual machine), but I feel myself not really able to do the same...

So, if you know another way to obtain this raw (or Crisis) file for ma laptop ([edited for privacy]), it should be wonderful !!

Thanks for your help,

regards,

Arnaud