Been TRYING FOR MONTHS to purchase an extended warranty. NO ONE at Acer can help, not chat or sales

Options
fkforensic
fkforensic Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

My laptop is only under warranty for a few more days.

I have tried several times over the past few months to purchase an extended warranty, to no avail.

1. Support can't help. I even included a summary when I sent in my laptop for repair this past month and mentioned the laptop's problems.  On the same letter inside with my laptop I asked to PLEASE HELP ME BUY AN EXTENDED WARRANTY. I just received an email that my laptop is fixed and being returned but NO OFFER TO BUY AN EXTENDED WARRANTY!

2. Chat people refer me to Sales.

3. Sales people bring my system's info up on their computer system and apparently can't access it in order to sell me an extended warranty??

Or, at other times, sales people say THEIR SYSTEM IS DOWN, PLEASE TRY BACK as they can't access that function [to buy an extended warranty].

I guess I SHOULD HAVE bought it within the first month or two I owned it, when I COULD ACCESS the purchase page for extended warranties.

This really bites.  I have owned several computers under the Acer family's name, Acer, GW and eMachine.

This LACK of being able to buy an extended warranty is REALLY making me think to look elsewhere, especially as Black Friday is kicking off this week throughout the USA.

Maybe I should just use this recently repired acer laptop under it has some hardware issue, 

BUT BUY A DIFFERENT BRAND during this BF sales week.

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew
    Options

To inquire about purchasing extended warranty for your laptop you can contact the Acer store online at: 

https://store.acer.com/en-us/

You can also call the store at 800-910-2237; hours are 8am-5pm CST, Monday-Friday. 

• fkforensic
    fkforensic Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I have tried the url provided and I am still getting the SAME ERROR as before

"Purchase Date is not within the acceptable range"

I have not tried calling the store today as they are now closed, but I don't think they will be able to do anything anyway.

The last time i called them, they were getting that same error .   I think that they basically tried to enter the same information as I did,(probably using that same url).

But I'll try again tomorrow, when they are open.

• Akshit30
    Akshit30 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    i am also facing this same problem @fkforensic.....
  • MasterSkywalker
    MasterSkywalker Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Same problem here. I purchased my gaming laptop 4 days ago and I can't buy an extended warranty. Need help with this, ACER.