Battery Issue with Aspire V15 Nitro Black edition

Rancerqz
Rancerqz Member Posts: 6 New User

Can someone tell me why my laptop's battery would drop from 50% to 0% in just 5 mins time gaming?

Answers

• Elkino2003
    Elkino2003 Member Posts: 68 Troubleshooter

The answer is very simple but you need to answer these questions

1. For how long have you been using your battery?

2. How do you treat your battery? Do you over charge it?

3' when did this problem start?

If you know the battery is less than a year old of use note that

You have been misusing all the time, especially when it's full, you need to unplug it

Some factors may arise from the Electric current voltage

I'll suggest you get new with proper maintenance

Thanks

• Shumayal
    Shumayal Member Posts: 58 Die Hard WiFi Icon

I always game with the power plugged in because I have observed lower performance.

Please read the battery care tips given with your laptop manual or here on the website and take care of it observing healthy practices by not overcharging or undercharging.

Also please note that batteries are by default die out and have limited number of charge/discharge cycles. If you have an old battery or a misued one, chances are its dead.
    In which case you should buy a new one and see if the problem persists.

• Rancerqz

I forgot to add on one more thing which is that this laptop of mine is a floor model for at most 5 months. So, could there be some correaltions to the battery issue of mine?

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi,

What's you battery wear level?

Use hwmonitor to check this value

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

If your wear level is very high that is the explanation for the low battery life.

After 5 months it should be most probably below 10%. I have 8% after one year.

• Rancerqz

I've tried installing it but I wasn't able to find the wear level of the battery under the 'level' section of the interface. the only thing that was under the 'level' section was the current battery level of mine. 

• sharky25k

Hi,

So you don't get the statistics like in this image?

http://www.groovypost.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/hwmonitor-consider-replacing-your-battery1.png

You can always estimate the wear level by comparing the designed capacity with full charge capacity. The difference between these two values is the the absolute wear level, and to get the percentage you have to calculate how much this difference represents from the designed capacity.

• Rancerqz

Here's how mine looks like. 

http://imgur.com/a/XBnKV

Also, for the past two days, whenever my battery drops to about 22%, my laptop will automatically turned off by itself. So, can anyone also tell me as of why the laptop does show that it has about that amount of battery (after charging in and powering it on) but is unable to tap into that 22% of energy into usage. 

• sharky25k

Hi,

Something is very wrong there. I mean the full charge capacity is bigger than the designed capacity? I saw this thing just once, when my notebook was new, but after a few days the full charge capacity was below the designed capacity. And this is how it should be. I think that you have a battery issue, with the charging cirtuit not estimating correctly the battery capacity and charge level. I would go with it to a service center. If it's not estimating correctly the battery capacity is not a surprise that your notebook will suddenly shut down, even if you think you still have some battery left. Of course you can try several cycles of charge/discharge to see if it will solve the problem (aka you "calibrare" the battery) but to be honest I don't think it will solve the issue.