BSOD no bugcheck for aspire VN7-792G

Options
Leonard93
Leonard93 Member Posts: 5 New User

Hi Everyone,

I've had my aspire VN7-792G (v17 nitro black edition) since November 2015 and since Last week I have been getting some odd BSOD errors with no bugcheck code (0x000001d3). Using BlueScreenView I noticed that the error came from QCAMainx64. 

This happend last week and thus I did a system restore, and then updated my wireless drivers to 11.0.0.471. I also updated my Nvidia drivers to the latest version in case that had any problems.

I did a sfc scannow that resulted with no errors, I did a windows memory check which resulted in no problems, and a disk check that resulted with no problems.

The weirdest thing was that the BSOD mostly occured when my laptop was being titled in the top left corner. But after a week of no BSOD's they now came back at random moments.

The first BSOD happend on cdrom.sys and netio.sys (also 0x000001d3) and then 2 other BSOD happend (one while making a system restore point) and another while i was just browsing youtube that happend on the QCAMainx64 again.

I have moved from The Netherlands to Dubai and left my receipt back in the netherlands, so I only have a scan of my warrenty paper and the emails from the ordering of the product to prove that the laptop is mine. I haven't been able to bring it in for repair yet because I need my laptop for work aswell.

I will add my minidump files to this post. if anyone knows about anything that i might have missed or what is best what i can do to avoid getting more BSODs.

I am running Windows 8.1. It seems that on the acer website i cannot download anymore driver updates for windows 8.1 as they only offer win 10. And I would rather not update to windows 10 at all.

Thank you for your time.

http://www.filedropper.com/desktop_27

Best Answer

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

checking your minidump, apart one BSOD cause by nvidia 362.00 drivers, the other 3 are related to WiFi adapter drivers.

can you please post the wifi apdater hardwareID?

Windows logo key + x
    click on Device manager

click on network adapter

double click on wifi adapter
    choose "Details" tab
    from dropdown menu, select HardwareIDs
    click on the first value and copy/paste it here

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Leonard93
    Options

Thanks for the reply,

This is the hardwareID that i found: PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_003E&SUBSYS_080411AD&REV_20

• IronFly
    Answer ✓
    Options

Try to update the driver with this version:

http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=353&func=fileinfo&id=2011&lang=en

click on download, double click the self unpacking package and look for a setup or install file.

website is 100% trustable.

have an update on nvidia drivers too:

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/99508

• Leonard93
    Options

Thank you for the quick replies, I installed the updates. I hope this will prevent further BSODs Smiley Happy

• IronFly
    Options

let's see. Smiley Happy

you welcome.

• Leonard93
    Options

After installing the updates yesterday and going on for a day. I got two blue screens, oddly both only happend when i was adjusting my screen. Do you think this might be a hardware issue as the BSOD only occurs when the laptop is moved in a certain way?

Here are the dumps. but they still happen on the wireless driver. http://www.filedropper.com/desktop_7

• IronFly
    Options

normally the wifi adapter is plugged and screwed on the mainboard, so it's very hard that it can move but not impossible.

by the way, since the 2 antenna wires run from the wifi adapter to the monitor frame, maybe there's a shortcut somewhere.

• Leonard93
    Options

I will definitely bring it by Acer then, because even if its not happening all the time. I can't fix it with just software updated. 

• IronFly
    Options
    Good choice.