BSOD after installing HD Graphics 3000 (yeah, still happening..)

Thibault__
Thibault__ Member Posts: 2 New User

Hey hey community,

I have this old (bug gold!) problem where when I try to install the intel HD Graphics 3000 on Windows 7 64 bits, the laptop reboots to only a BSOD at the logon "Welcome" message

I've tried many combinaisons, many drivers, i don't know what to try now.

I'm pretty sure it's a driver related problem, as if I boot without Intel driver (or in safe mode), it boots perfectly.

There's no conflics with other softwares / drivers installed : after the fresh install of W7, I (try to) install Intel first.

The laptop is an Aspire V3-571G with an Intel Core i3-2348M (and i guess the BIOS is v2.13). It was originally sold with Windows 8, then upgraded to 8.1, then 10. Now, it's owner wants to go back to W7.

I've tried the driver found on Acer's website, BOSD with every 64 bits version (7, 8, 8.1), and the last and last-1 driver from Intel's downloadcenter, BSOD again. Also tried (with all versions) to install wtih/without AERO support, same here.

So i'm asking here if anyone has a similar laptop with a working driver i can use to finish my installation.

Thank you !

Best Answer

• Thibault__
    Answer ✓

Thank you for your time.

It turns out i've kind of figured out where the problem came from

The laptop was sold with a single 4GB RAM, and the owner updated it to 2x4GB

Before my first post, I've memtest'ed the 8GB, no problems were shown.

Yestarday, I've tried booting W7 + Intel driver with the original 4GB, it worked.

Then switched with only the other 4GB, crash/BSOD

The second 4GB added is exactly the same brand/model/specs as the originaly installed

To be sure, i've started yesterday a memtest with that crashy RAM. This morning, after 16h and 18 passes, no problems are shown. (memtest+ 4.20)

So okay... i guess...

Anyway, thank you for taking the time to answer me.

Answers

• daddywoofdawg
    daddywoofdawg Member Posts: 20

Tinkerer

did it ever have win 7? if so, can you roll back? doesnt win 7 have drivers,cant you go into device manager/right click on display/click on update drivers/auto. or their wording for rollback drivers. have you tried the win 10 driver? should be backwards compatiable.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24971/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-64-bit?product=81500

• Thibault__
    Answer ✓

Thank you for your time.

It turns out i've kind of figured out where the problem came from

The laptop was sold with a single 4GB RAM, and the owner updated it to 2x4GB

Before my first post, I've memtest'ed the 8GB, no problems were shown.

Yestarday, I've tried booting W7 + Intel driver with the original 4GB, it worked.

Then switched with only the other 4GB, crash/BSOD

The second 4GB added is exactly the same brand/model/specs as the originaly installed

To be sure, i've started yesterday a memtest with that crashy RAM. This morning, after 16h and 18 passes, no problems are shown. (memtest+ 4.20)

So okay... i guess...

Anyway, thank you for taking the time to answer me.