Audio problem with v15 nitro

muz94
muz94 Member Posts: 23 New User

Hi, i'm on this forum (AGAIN) because i have an annoying problem.
Sometimes my soundcard randomly stops working, i get a red cross on the speaker symbol and an error sayng something like "No audio output devices installed". It looks like it fixes itself aver a FULL shutdown, but when i have this problem the pc cannot even shut down completely, it freezes after the shutdown procedure with a black screen and the coling fans at max speed, and i have to force it keeping the button pressed.
The last time this happened i also got a bsd at the first boot sayng System Service Exception related to rtkvhd64.sys.
I
already tryed to restore, I removed and reinstalled every single driver, nothing works. Once o twice per day i loose my sound card and i have to make a full restart shutting down the pc in the brutal way.

I'm starting getting tired of this pc, i already changed it TWICE for problems with the trackpad, i bought another one in another shop that doesn't have any issues with the touchpad but now i have this problem that is even worse.

Personally, wether or not i will fix this problem, i will never EVER buy another acer pc. I'm running to / from the shop with this thing for 3 weeks now, how can Acer put together a 1200 euros laptop this way?

Best Answer

Answers

• benton582
    benton582 Member Posts: 213 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Did you try a BIOS update? Get the driver directly from the Acer website? And also, if you have warranty, did you use it yet? I can help you do this if you have the EXACT model number of the laptop.

• muz94

I already updated the bios to the last version, i got everything from the acer website, using my serial number.
    For the warranty I know, but i'm within the 8 days, so if the pc has a problem i prefer to swap with another one / return it, i don't want to send it for a repair. It would take too long.

• muz94

Another thing.
    The speakers make a popping sound ad the beginning / end of the reproduction of a sound, it is noticeable especially with windows sounds (errors, devices plugged in ecc), because i hear a "pop" right in the middle of the sound.
    I read somewhere that it was due to some power saving mechanism, do you know how to fix this? This was present also on the other 2 v15 nitro that i had in my hands

• muz94

i just got another BSOD:
    kernel security check failure

Obviously after the restart the sound card isn't working anymore.

I will shutdown (in the bad way) and it will be working again.....

edit : It looks like windows 10 was trying to update audio drivers when i crashed.

At the moment I don't know what is annoying me the most: windows 10 or this laptop...

I will let it update again and see what it does.
    In case i will disable drivers update via windows update

edit2:
    Immagine.png

yeah, this was SO unexpected.

• muz94
    Answer ✓

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/VN7-592G-blue-screen-after-installed-Windows-10-Anniversary/td-p/448047/page/4

In this topic there are other people with the same issue (and a possible solution).
    I really hope that this is the last time that i have to loose a week to trubleshoot this laptop.

• TuanNg
    TuanNg Member Posts: 5 New User

It seems i got your problem in a different way.

Yesterday, I notice that it didn't recognise my Sound device correctly (with the red x to the sound icon), then I disable the Realtek and enable again; it can work in my case but i got the volume drop dramatically when i try to adjust the volume.

-

For example, if i turn on the PC and open some music, i can hear it loud enough with volume @ ~18-20, but if i try to adjust the volume then it becomes very small sound, and i must turn to 40 to got the same effect to the original 20.

Tried to reinstall sound driver/and graphic driver (with the intel audio driver for HDMI), but the problem is not solved.

To busy to reinstall windows now, i think this issue is deffinitely a driver clash somewhere. (before that i used the HDMI port for presentation for the 1st time, so sad if this causes the problem - still not sure)

My Laptop: Aspire V Nitro VN7-592G - OS: WIndows 10 Pro