Atheros Qualcomm QCA61x4A driver v12.0.0.116

Options
pdnRPH
pdnRPH Member Posts: 30 New User

Is there a driver that is later than v12.0.0.116? like a v12.0.0.119? OR is it a v12.0.0.191?? The acer care center updated driver v4.0.2.217 that is more advanced will not work. It gives an invalid ip after coming out of sleep. ACER, please help us. Qualcomm will NOT. 

Best Answer

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Go to Device Manager, network adapters and click the arrow. Double click your wifi adapter and choose Driver and then choose Roll Back Driver.

• pdnRPH
    Options

Been there. Done that. Still a problem. We need help. Qualcomm will not. Acer must.

• philetus
    Options

Are you running Windows 10 in whatever model of Acer you have?

• pdnRPH
    Options

V3-575T-7008

Windows 10 Home  v 1607  Build 14393.222

• philetus
    Options

This is most likely a Win 10 1607 problem.

Have you tried this?

http://pureinfotech.com/network-reset-fix-wifi-windows-10/

• pdnRPH
    Options

All so interesting. However, if I reboot the computer, all is well when it comes up. I have wifi and internet connection as well as bluetooth. I do not have to do the Network Reset. Further, if I do the netsh int ip reset in DOS, and reboot the computer, I also have wifi and internet connection as well as bluetooth. So, it doesn't make any difference if I do DOS netsh OR just reboot OR do the Network Reset methodology as described here in this video, I have connecton and bluetooth after reboot. This tells me something still needs to be done with the Atheros Qualcomm driver. If it is a problem with Windows 10, then Qualcomm needs to fix it, AND then send a new driver to Acer... since Qualcomm will not give the end user a driver. Everyone had a year to fix all of this, so this is unacceptible.

• philetus
    Options

I thought this was about you not having any wifi/ internet. Your whole problem is it gives a incorrect IP when it comes out of sleep, but you have internet connection?

• pdnRPH
    Options

When it comes out of sleep, sometimes, but not every time, I have no internet and no bluetooth. OR, I may have connection but no internet, and troubleshooter says invalid ip address. And if I have a connection but no internet, then I also have no bluetooth. It's all bazarre, and too bad so sad. Reboot, and I am on. Do DOS netsh int ip reset and reboot, and I am on. Do a reset network and reboot, and I am on. It happens with a whim since I changed back to v12.0.0.116. I don't know how it will be, until I sign in, and it opens desk top... and I am either on OR not.

• philetus
    Options

Did you uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power in Device Manager, Network Adapters, double click Your network device and choose Power Management?

It may be off when you come out of sleep.

• pdnRPH
    Options

Thank you. Have checked all the Bluetooth AND the Atheros Qualcomm, and all "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" are unchecked.

• pdnRPH
    Options

I checked all the Bluetooth AND the Atheros Qualcomm and all "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" are unchecked.

• pdnRPH
    Options

I checked ALL the Bluetooth and the Atheros Qualcomm and All "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" are unchecked.

• pdnRPH
    Options

I checked ALL the Bluetooth and the Atheros Qualcomm and ALL are unchecked to save power

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options

You should post your computer model.

As philetus said, it's probably a Windows 10 Anniversary bug that only Microsoft can fix or Quaalcomm Atheros can fix.  You can try contacting Microsoft too.

I started having the same bug last night on one of my Acer desktops w/ Qualcomm/Atheros.  I don't know what triggers the bug.  My other identical desktop with same qualcomm/atheros module is unaffected and doesn't suffer from the bug.

In a worse case scenario, you may have to back up your important personal files and reset your PC....and just start over.  And hope that the bug doesn't get triggered again.

You can also try system restore to go back to a good restore point.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options

Once you get your PC working correctly again, create a system image and save it on an external HDD.  If the bug resurfaces, you can use your system image.

But first before doing anything you should create a USB recovery drive.

https://www.youtube.com/user/AcerAmericaService/videos

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • JordanB
    Options

I should point out......that the only difference between my desktops is that one uses an Nvidia graphics card and the other just uses onboard intel graphics.  The problem machine uses the Nvidia graphics card.

You can try uninstalling/deleting your graphics driver from device manager too and let Windows automatically download and install the graphics driver.

A couple weeks ago, i was able to resolve a USB problem by uninstalling the graphics driver.  True story.

• pdnRPH
    Options

Already uninstalled the graphics driver, since I also lost the touchscreen, just before the problem with the Atheros Qualcomm problem. The graphics driver reverted back one. Touchscreen then worked, again. And, now I have reverted back one with the Atheros Qualcomm driver for network. What's next?  Acer needs to get with Microsoft code writers, fix all of this. Further, Acer as well as all manufacturers had over a year to get all things resolved. Our family owns 9 Acer laptops, and now we have 3 new ones, and all have trouble... with Windows 10. the older ones were Windows 7, upgraded to Windows 10, and none of them have trouble. What does that conclude. Fix it.

• JordanB
    Options

Try calling Acer and let them know.

http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

In the past, I have thought that a bug that I had was a widespread issue.  But sometimes a bug might only occur for a handful of users.  For example, I have experienced a Microsoft bug that a few other users also had after a Windows Update.  However, I have reset my PC to factory defaults, and then got the same exact Windows Update, but the bug no longer occured.  Computers can be strange sometimes.

If you call Acer, they will be able to determine if it's a widespread bug that needs to be addressed or some strange fluke.

https://www.youtube.com/user/AcerAmericaService/videos

Good luck.

• JordanB
    Answer ✓
    Options

And you should definitely make sure you have the both the latest BIOS 1.14 and touchpad firmware 1.17 (assuming you have synaptics) if you don't already have it.

http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

575t.PNG

• pdnRPH
    Options

Ok. I did it: upgrades BIOS to version 1.14  AND I upgrades the Elan touchpad to version 13.6.5.2

We will see how all this goes. I was on chat with Acer, and they listened, and said yes, so I did it.

• pdnRPH
    Options

We did it! Thank you, thank you. Fixed. This IS the answer. Brilliant!