Aspite V3 - 772G, Qualcomm Atheros AR5BWB222 WNA issue.

Options
Mike1J
Mike1J Member Posts: 3 New User

Dear community,

I hope my issue is somewhat common amongst us Acer cleints.

My laptop was purcahsed around 2 years ago in the Netherlands, never had one single issue with it.

Recently, the landlord of the premises had changed the internet modem and the router, due to some provider issues with the previous one.

Ever since then, the issue began.

For some reason the router is split in 2 connections, you can connect by Wi-Fi to either of them, and switch from one another.

The connection would never last more than 20 minutes tops, and it would crash and fail.

I usually connect the 2nd port and try to get the internet back on, but this would simply repeat.

While my download speed flies up and drops down, it can reach it's maximum traffic.

However, a connection based application (such as online gamings, or especially skype) would never have 1 constant connectivity.

Funny thing is, none of my neighbours who are connected to the same router have this issue, I seem to be the only one - therefore, I concluded that the issue is within my laptop.

I reached out to Atheros' customer care, and regrefully was advised to contact Acer, as they merely deal the part.

System indicates the driver is up to date, and the "Allow the PC to turn of the device to save power" option is unticked.

This is so frustrating - I can't stream anything or keep the connection persistent for more than a short period of time.

Can someone relate? share? help?!

Thank you so much, 

Looking forward to hear from you,

Michael. 

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Installed OS?

Have you already check on Acer support website about new drivers?

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers/4732;-;Aspire%20V3-772G

Sometimes the update doesn't highlight a new version.

you can also try with Atheros drivers:

http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=353&func=startdown&id=1767&lang=en

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Mike1J
    Options

Hi IronFly - thank you for your comment.

As I said before, the drivers are up to date and Arethos had not released a driver for Windows 10.

Please, anyone out there - help?!

• IronFly
    Options

have you checked under windows power options - change plane settings (left side of your current power plan) - change advanced power settings - wireless adapter settings

if is set to maximum performance? (battery and AC charger plans)

• Mike1J
    Options

Yes my friend, it is Smiley Sad

The power plan remained as it was the whole time, just as the time it ran smoothly.

Any other ideas? 

• IronFly
    Options

if you laptop has a bluetooth device, can you try to turn it OFF or disable from device manager?

windows logo key + x

device manager

look on device manager about Bluetooth device, right click it and choose disable

reboot and try to check if wifi is more stable.