Aspirre v15 nitro vn7-591G beeping when charger is plugged

Options
kuroi_inazuma
kuroi_inazuma Member Posts: 5 New User

Well my laptop is beeping when i have my charger plugged in and i launch a game. it beeps a couple times every couple minutes, as if i am unpluggin and plugging in the charger, the screen dims and brightens as the beeping is happening.

If its some hardware problem it has to be the charger or the battery maybe since it doesnt beep when charger isnt plugged in. I dont have another charger to check if it stops it.

Ive updated everything, drivers, windows, ive used multiple programs to make sure everything is updated.\

The warranty is over since i bought this laptop almost 2 years ago(even though its given me problems since the begining since i bought it, but all of those were resolved within a few days, this has persisted and the only way to stop it is to not have the charger plugged in while playing which means i can only play less time.)

Also ive alwasy disconnected the charger when the laptop is off and plugged in while playing games, other minor tasks ive done without the charger.

Windows 10 latest update.

Any suggestions or solutions would be appreciated.

Answers

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi,

My guess is that the charger is not able to provide enough power to the notebook, and it switches automatically to the battery power. When you hear the beep is the moment when the notebook does not draw so much power and it's able to reroute some of the power to charge the battery, and the cycle repeats. Of course you can check this with a stress test which would max out the GPU and CPU, and then monitor what windows tells you about the notebooks battery (pluuged in charging or not).

This is just a guess, so it might not be the case. I don't know how you can check the maximum output of the charger (I am speaking about the total amps or total watts not the voltage). Of course another charger would be able to show it this is the case.

• urbandingo
    urbandingo Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I am having the same problem did this work? 

Also, this is very annoying and I really hope it can get solved