Aspire v7-481p screen stopped working

katieacw
katieacw Member Posts: 2 New User
The screen on my laptop is staying black but i can faintly see my start-up page. I used it last night and it was almost dead when I turned it off (6%). I closed the lid before it was finished shutting down and then reopened it when I realised and then it finished shutting down. I went to bed and when I woke up, plugged my laptop in. A couple hours later, the charging light is still on and I try to turn the laptop on and I can hear it going but the screen stays blank. I restart a few times (by holding the power button), it still doesn't work but I notice I can vaguely see my start screen and if I press enter, I can type in my password and log in. But it's still too dark to really do anything. Any ideas on how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Hello Katie,

First you can try this:

1- [Fn]+[F6] - Display off: Turns the display screen backlight off to save power. Press any key to return.

2- [Fn]+[>] - Brightness up: Increases the screen brightness.

If it doesn't work, you could connect your laptop to an external monitor or LCD TV in using the VGA or HDMI ports.

[Fn]+[F5] - Display toggle: Switches display output between the display screen, external monitor (if connected) and both.

France
  • papabx6
    papabx6 Member Posts: 1 New User

I have the same issues as Katie.

None of the suggestions worked.

The only thing I know is working is to turn on and off the keyboard backilighting.

The remote monitor did not work.

I seems that clicking the on button does not work at all.

FYI, the last time i shut the laptop down, it displayed windows shutting down for much longer than usual (more than 5 minutes). I closed the lid to put the laptop away and the display hasn't worked since.

(Hopeing for some ideas to restart the laptop, I had saved my work but not to an external device)

Thanks,

papabx6

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,017 Trailblazer

Hello papabx6,

Sorry for the delay.

If I understood correctly your issue, you don't see anything on your screen.

1- You can perform a reset power like this.

2- Your laptop is still under warranty?

France
  • katieacw
    katieacw Member Posts: 2 New User

I figured I should follow up with this in case others are having difficulties.  My issue turned out to be a hardware issue and I had to have my laptop sent to Acer to be fixed. It is now resolved.