Aspire v5 573g not working on battery power.

maschk
maschk Member Posts: 2 New User

My laptop stopped working on battery. Starting on battery doesn't work, the computer is totally dead.

However when i plug in AC adapter, i can boot.

Then after the computer booted, if i unplug AC adapter, the computer immediately turns off.

Below is information generated by BatteryInfoView.

It seems that the battery itself is OK. What could be the problem? Tried to unplug and plug batter to the motherboard, didn't help.

DescriptionValue
Battery Name      AP13B8K
Manufacture NameLGC
Serial Number14044
Manufacture Date
Power StateAC Power
Current Capacity (in %)79.7%
Current Capacity Value37 468 mWh
Full Charged Capacity46 998 mWh
Designed Capacity53 352 mWh
Battery Wear Level88.1%
Voltage16 159 millivolts
Charge/Discharge Rate 0 milliwatts
Chemistry Lithium Ion
Low Battery Capacity (1)1 870 mWh
Low Battery Capacity (2) 4 560 mWh

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

It sounds like the battery may have failed. We would suggest contacting technical support in your region for further assistance with this issue. I do not think it is something that can be resolved without replacing the battery.

Acer Service and Support

• maschk
    maschk Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi Blayn,

So u think it is the battery, despite that both windows 10 and "batteryinfoview"  says it has about 80% charge left?

And has shown no signs of degradation?

it is outside of warranty so i rather not leave it to a service/repair place and pay almost as much as the computer is worth...

maybe there is a way to troubleshoot it myself? 

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    The problem may not necessarily be with the battery, but could be with another component such as the cabling or mainboard as well. Unfortunately, I don't have a suggestion on how to troubleshoot the issue, other than to start trying to replace parts. Possibly another community user will be able to provide suggestions on how to troubleshoot the issue.
  • benoitmathieu2
    benoitmathieu2 Member Posts: 8 New User

Hello,

I have a similar problem on an Acer V7 ZQY. I will start a new thread with a dedicated title ...

Benoit