Aspire v3-771G new battery not charging

JMelly
JMelly Member Posts: 4 New User
edited January 2018 in Nitro Gaming

I recently bought a replacement battery for my acer aspire v3-771g and am getting the plugged in, not charging problem. My old battery will still charge fine, it just does not have a very long battery life at all so essentially nothing is wrong with it. This gives me the impression that nothing is wrong with my ac adapter or charging port and it has something to do with the new battery. I have reinstalled my battery drivers several times as well as gotten a second battery ( for free) from this company and it still will not charge. My BIOS are also currently at the most up to date version as well. Any Suggestions?

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer

Hi,

Try a battery reset, after finishing let the laptop rest for 5 minutes before youstart.

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/~/acer-internal-battery-reset

• JMelly
    JMelly Member Posts: 4 New User

I do not have a battery that cannot be removed so I do not have a battery reset pinhole.

• llabruzz
    llabruzz Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello, I am having the same issue with battery connected but not charging, any solutions? 
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    JMelly said:

I do not have a battery that cannot be removed so I do not have a battery reset pinhole.

Then you can remove the battery and let the laptop rest for 5minutes before putting it back on. The laptop should not be connected to charger.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Satrun
    Satrun Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi
    I have the same problem. I did battery reset and I tried almost anything but it didn't work.  Do you have any other solution??
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Satrun said:
    Hi
    I have the same problem. I did battery reset and I tried almost anything but it didn't work.  Do you have any other solution??

Please start a new Topic for your question

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• maxheart
    maxheart Member Posts: 1 New User
    i have been through these posts as i also have had the same problems as the rest of you, and when i bought a replacement battery it also did not work as described above. what i hadnt realised was there are variants of these batteries that are 11.1v and others that are 10.8v.
    the first battery i bought was unfortunately an 11.1v version which didnt work. when i realised my mistake i purchased a 10.8v version which worked with no fuss.
    it seems the charging circuits on these boards dont like the slightly higher voltage, and wont charge the other version. so my recommendation is double check the voltage of your replacement against the original equipment. in all probaility you have the wrong version.
    hope this helps