Aspire v3-771- Windows10

Jim3
Jim3 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

I have an Aspire v3-771, which I upgraded to Win 10. Some tiles on startup have become inactive ( Calculator, Calendar, Cortana etc) After a number of interventions with MS support they tell me that this model of Acer does not have the drivers for Windows 10. Is this correct. If so, can the necessary drivers be downloaded? Or do I have to revert to Win 8.1. If so I'll have to ditch the Acer.

Answers

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi,

Yes it is correct, you don't have official acer support for drivers in windows 10 for that particular model. However, I can tell you for sure that I don't think at all that there is a link between the tiles problem and the drivers problem. I strongly believe that there was some sort of error in the upgrade process which caused this issue. You can try to install a clean W10 on a different partition and see if the problem is there. I don't recommend to remove the current windows 10, if you want to give a try to the suggestion above, because you will lose the ability to revert back to w 8.1.

The reason why I think this is that those are really basic applications without special demands for drivers.

• PaulRus
    PaulRus Member Posts: 1 New User
    sharky25k said:
    Yes it is correct, you don't have official acer support for drivers in windows 10 for that particular model.

I have a Aspire v3-771 (00179-60365-11017-AAOEM) running windows 8.1. Are you saying that its not possible or not a good idea to upgrade to Windows 10?
    Thanks
    Paul