Aspire v11 touch bricked and unable to restore

Options
ChrisCream
ChrisCream Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi,

i have an aspire v11 touch (v3-112p-c797) After much pestering from Microsoft I upgraded free to Windows 10. A few weeks later something went wrong and it got stuck in a preparing automatic repair loop. I have tried to restore using all of the options that were give (restore from image file/backup/start up repair) etc, but nothing worked. I used another PC to try and make a boot disk for Windows 10, which I downloaded from Microsoft. I eventually decided to bite the bullet and try to complete a fresh install, as the Microsoft repair Windows 10 option wouldn't work. It took ages to get to about 30% and then I got an error message which stated...the operating system couldn't be loaded because the digital signature of a file couldn't be verified. File: cmimcext.sys  Error code: 0xc0000428

Even worse, since trying this reinstall I can't even manage to get to the recovery options screen any more, it just hangs at either the Acer splash screen or just a blank screen!! I can't even get to a command prompt, I can only seem to access the bios (d2d is enabled, but alt f10 doesn't work either)

i don't care whether I get win 8 or 10 back,  but I need one of them!

anyone have any ideas? 

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

If it will still boot from a Windows install disk, give this a try

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/8356-solution-0xc000428-when-dual-booting-win7-win8.html

• ChrisCream
    Options

Sorry, this doesn't appear to have any relevance to my problem. I've never had win 7 on it, and it came pre installed with Windows 8. I don't have either versions on any kind of media

• philetus
    Options

You stated that you had Error code: 0xc0000428, the operating system couldn't be loaded because the digital signature of a file couldn't be verified.

The link, although is about Windows 7, tells you how to address the error. So, yes, it does have relevance to what you posted.

Here you can download Windows *.1 media to burn to a disk. You may need it.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media

• ChrisCream
    Options

The error code was just one of the problems I encountered, and as you have proven is easily googled! If it was possible to be in a position to carry out the 'solution' you have provided, I wouldn't have any problem. You don't appear to have read my whole post properly. I cannot load or boot anything, let alone be in a position to carry out those instructions.

[Please keep it courteous]

• philetus
    Options

It's possible you have a failed HDD.

I think I would take out the HDD, connect it to another computer with usb and check it. I think PassMark will check HDD connected by usb. .