Aspire v 11 usb power

Options
Mjannini696
Mjannini696 Member Posts: 3 New User

So as above, i have an aspire v11. Im having touble with usb power supply. There is one 3.o and one 2.0.. If im using both ports, one being a wireless mouse, the mouse lags, which im learning is due to a power supply issue.

Ive learned there is no real way to adjust power to the hubs (unless someone here knows something i havent seen), but i have learned an issue is that some laptops have seperate usb hubs share a power supply.

What im trying to figure out so i can rectify my problem properly is if the two usb hubs share the same power supply or function individually on seperate power supplies

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Within the hub, only the port power control logic is shared between the USB 3.0 path and the USB 2.0 path, since there is only one 5-V power path in either USB 2.0 or USB 3.0.

Start > Settings > Control Panel > Device Manager.
    On the View Tab select show hidden devices.
    Click on each USB Root Hub Device and select Properties then Power
    Add up the power each device is using.
    All the USB 2.0 ports supply a total of 500 ma.
    USB 3.0 ports can supply a total of 900 ma.

• Mjannini696
    Mjannini696 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I checked there, all thats there is a couple check boxes about allowing the computer to turn off the usb when not in use.

I guess my question is more about the bus itself and the allocation of electricity through the actual wiring, whether its a shared bus or two seperate units
  • philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

I found this "The problem is that USBv3, even though with a higher power spec, cannot suffice two (or more) USBv2 devices to optimum power."

It's in this discussion:

http://superuser.com/questions/278670/using-usb-3-0-to-speed-up-transfer-between-usb-2-0-devices