Aspire VX5-591G nVidia 1050 ti GPU not recognized

Rangbrone
Rangbrone Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives

I just got a refurbished Acer Aspire VX5-591G-75RM yesterday with some disappointing road rash and battle damage on the case. It should be equipped with a GTX 1050 ti 4GB GDDR5 as proudly stated by the sticker on it.

However Windows 10 device manager does not show any nVidia display adapter (only Intel HD630). It also doesn't show up under hidden devices, other devices, or under any other category. Even BIOS is not showing any GPU installed. GeForce experience will not open because it claims the laptop has no nVidia graphics adapter as well. This is true after installing all available Binbows10 updates.

I have tried reflashing the BIOS to v1.04 from v1.03, and nothing changed. I have also tried installing different versions of the GeForce driver, which always fail at the compatibility check (no device detected). I have also used the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) utility several times in both safe mode and normal mode. As a last resort, I completly reinstalled the operating system with Windows 10 Pro. This also did not fix anything.

Also, the fans on the laptop spin up near 100% speed at all times, even idling on desktop. HWMonitor was not able to get exact fan data. Also no GPU temps can be read. CPU temps are normally in the 32-38C range. It seems Acer sent me a lemon.

Answers

• Pentagon
    Pentagon Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi i got nearly the same problem hear and i also read in internet for more people having that problem.

So i dont have a refurbished notebook, my notebook is a new one and got the same problem.

i found out, if i don´t do a restart and i shut down the notebook completely it will boot up without spinning the fan to 100% and he will detect the graficcard BUT i can´t finish installation cause of any driver problem.

i tryed the newest driver and also the driver wich were from acer support, nothing works.

FIX this problem and reply my support-ticket!!!

• SimonAce
    SimonAce Member Posts: 2 New User
    Support. I know have the same problem. I used to have 1050ti and now only intel 630 and also my fans are spinning at startup which was not spinning at start up. What is the resolution to this please?
  • batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    Just FYI this is not an Acer Support but just a forum where users like you and me helping eachother. 
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158