Aspire VX15-591G keyboard replacement

lrojas94
lrojas94 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi,

A few of my keys started getting wobbly and damaged. I wanted to replace either the whole keyboard or just a few keys, but I haven't really been able to find any on either ebay or other sites.. Do you guys happen to have any suggestions? I don't think there's an Acer authorized center here in the Dominican Republic, so quite hard to get it repaired..

Are the keys from the V15 (specifically the Space bar and right Alt key) compatible with this keyboard?

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,043 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    1. Here is the part number of the full upper case (upper case+keyboard backlight):
      Spoiler
      Part numberDescription
      6B.GM1N2.001COVER.UPPER.BLACK.W/KB.US-INT.BL
    2. You'll find the authorized service centers in Dominican Republica with this webpage.
    France

Answers

• laurent_14

Hello,

1. Have you tried an internal battery reset?
    2. Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

France
  • lrojas94

1) Not sure what battery reset has to do with this (?). The keys are wobbly, some basically falling out, so, not a software but a hardware issue on this case Smiley Happy which is why I wanted to either replace the keys or the entire keyboard.

2) first 10 digits: NHGM4AA001

• laurent_14
    Answer ✓
    1. Here is the part number of the full upper case (upper case+keyboard backlight):
      Spoiler
      Part numberDescription
      6B.GM1N2.001COVER.UPPER.BLACK.W/KB.US-INT.BL
    2. You'll find the authorized service centers in Dominican Republica with this webpage.
    France
  • lrojas94

Thanks a lot! no idea there was an authorized center around here!. Means a lot Smiley Happy

• laurent_14

Avastar.png

... The informations are often hidden or not be to find! Smiley Happy

France