Aspire VN7-791g-792a Network Controller suddenly not installed, plus Ethernet issues.

Triskaid
Triskaid Member Posts: 1 New User

Right, so the issue I'm having is pretty extensive. The current thing that I think is causing my inability to connect to the internet is the fact that I don't seem to have a driver for my Network Controller. But, considering this issue popped up out of essentially nowhere a couple of days ago, I'm not entirely sure how this happened.

The original error I received was while using an ethernet cable; suddenly the network became unidentified or something of that sort. Now, whenever I plug in the cable, the computer says it's identifying the network for about a minute before saying that the network is unidentified and that there is limited (meaning no) access to the internet. When troubleshooting this problem I receive the error: "Ethernet does not have a valid ip configuration".

This problem is concurrent with the fact that for the past few months, none of my Wifi devices have been showing up in the device manager and I haven't been able to pick up, let alone connect to, any Wifi signals from the computer. I have tried installing all of the relevant drivers downloaded from Acer's website, but these don't seem to have any effect at all, or just downright fail to install due to also being unable to identify or find any sort of bluetooth device on my computer.

Essentially I'm at my wit's end about this. I think the lack of a driver for the Network Controller is the culprit, but I don't know whether or not I'm barking up the wrong tree here. I've tested the cable and even got my hands on a USB ethernet port (which when used, turned up the same error) so I don't think it's an issue with the hardware, unless there's something wrong with something inside the computer, and if that's the case there isn't much of anything I can personally do. I've tried manually inputting the IP address for my network, to no avail.

If there's any sort of information that you need from me, please ask and I will do my best to provide, although I may have some difficulty as, obviously, I can't just cut and paste information onto the internet from a computer that has no access.

Also, through my furious googling of this problem, I've been led to believe that this hardware ID taken from the details of my Network Controller may be of some relevance:

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_003E&SUBSYS_080411AD

Basically, I really just need some help here as I don't have much of a clue as to what I can do.

Answers