Aspire VN7-591G Black Edition overheating !?

TheRock92
TheRock92 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi guys I had this laptop for a month now and I've been concerned with it for a reason and it is that when gaming with Power Management set to 100 % on battery and plugged in (Turbo Boost On) the temperatures of the laptop raise for 95-98 degrees after a few minutes of gameplay (Star Wars Battlefront,Heroes of The Storm and so on).So my concern is that eventually the processor or other parts may blow cause these temperatures are pretty **bleep** high in my opinion....I looked in the net and people say they have the same problem....My question is are these temperatures normal and are the parts enough resistant  to protect the laptop from ,,blowing up'' so to say...Also can some1 pls give me a solution to reduce the heat without a cool pad or turning turbo boost off cause when i turn it off games become rly laggy...My specs are:

Nvidia GeForce GTX960m

8gb Ram

Intel I5-4210H

Windows 8.1 64bit

Best Answer

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Hi,

Yes, the temperatures are normal for operation. Very demanding applications can raise the temperature to such levels. Don't worry because the T junction of the processor is around 100 degrees. So usually at 95 degrees the processor will start to throttle (the same goes for the GPU but at lower temperature) which means that it will reduce it's speed to don't reach the T junction temperature. In games the throttling you can notice it by the fact that the frame rates drop to a lower value.

There are a few suggestions for reducting the temperature. Try a cooling pad, change the thermal paste, use some software to adjust the fan speed depending on the usage.

As I told a few times, I did change the thermal paste, it improved a lot, but not as you might think. I mean the processor is able to run at higher speeds before starts to throttle but still sits at around 95 degrees when I do intensive tasks or stress tests.

Answers

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Hi,

Yes, the temperatures are normal for operation. Very demanding applications can raise the temperature to such levels. Don't worry because the T junction of the processor is around 100 degrees. So usually at 95 degrees the processor will start to throttle (the same goes for the GPU but at lower temperature) which means that it will reduce it's speed to don't reach the T junction temperature. In games the throttling you can notice it by the fact that the frame rates drop to a lower value.

There are a few suggestions for reducting the temperature. Try a cooling pad, change the thermal paste, use some software to adjust the fan speed depending on the usage.

As I told a few times, I did change the thermal paste, it improved a lot, but not as you might think. I mean the processor is able to run at higher speeds before starts to throttle but still sits at around 95 degrees when I do intensive tasks or stress tests.

• TheRock92
    TheRock92 Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you very much for the great answer Smiley Happy